24 Hours To Halloween

Start from the beginning

After a week full of emotions, planning a Halloween party with Macy, trying to catch a psychopath, all she wanted was peace, and she knew catching the Slayer was the only way to get that.

She got up, had a shower and breakfast. Then she sat comfortably on her bed and took her notes, ready to have another crack at it.

You can outsmart the police, but you won't outsmart me.

CAMILA'S HOUSE
After having tea, Alex and Macy were ready to go home.

"So, I heard tomorrow there will be a Halloween party." said Francis.

Macy beamed. "That's right. Everyone's invited. Mia and I organised it for the children of the orphanage."

"That's good to hear. I admire your good attitude in such difficult times. I can't say now but I hope I'll be able to attend."

"Alright, but remember, you have to come in costume." said Alex.

He turned around to leave, but tripped and fell over a small table.

Papers fell to the floor.

Francis and Macy snickered at him.

"Woah, watch where you're going, buddy." Francis remarked still trying hard to stifle his amusement.

Red-faced, He started to pick up the papers.

"Wait a second."

He skimmed through one of the papers.

It was a letter. A love letter.

"This has my mom's name on it."

HOSPITAL
Larry stood frozen.

"You have a tumor in one of your lungs."
Kai explained slowly. "It's still pretty early so it can be removed with surgery and you'll be perfectly fine. We can set a date. It's really not that big."

Larry felt like he couldn't breathe anymore. "I- I need to talk to my parents....You know, if they answer."

"Of course." said Kai. He bro-hugged Larry.

Just before leaving, Larry remembered something that made him stop.

"Um, Kai?"

"Yeah?"

"Last week you asked me to give your best wishes to Paul. But I never mentioned his attack."

Kai didn't look surprised.
"I know. Dr Sanchez sent me a text."

Larry nodded.
"Oh, ok. I'll see you later."

CAMILA'S HOUSE
Alex was holding the letter.

Macy just stood there with her lips parted, not knowing what to say or do.

Francis sighed and rubbed his face.

"It's not what you think."

Alex breathed through his nose, trying to stay calm.

"It's not? Because this looks like your handwriting, and I'm pretty sure 'Martha Stark' is my mother's name."

"You weren't supposed to know—"

"Why not? Why couldn't I know?"

"Because she knew you'd react like this!"

"How long has this been going on?"

Francis sighed. He knew there was no escape.

"A few weeks ago. It all started with a drink. Alex, I really liked your mother."

Macy was too shocked to react.

Alex ran a hand through his hair.
"I can't. I just can't do this right now."

He stormed off, followed slowly by Macy.

*****************************

Paul and Camila were walking home.

Izzy had already gone home.

They stopped in a corner.

"You sure you don't want to stay over?"

Camila smirked.
"Not today, pervert."

His cheeks heated up.
"T-that's not what i mea—"

"I know, i'm just teasing you, but seriously i can't. Gotta do some errands for my dad."

Paul pouted. "At least call me?"

Camila chuckled and gave him a quick kiss. "I will."

She stood there and watched him leave.

Once he turned the corner and she was sure he wasn't coming back, she picked up a rock, and without warning, threw it into the bushes behind her.

Someone cried out and crawled out, groaning.

Camila grit her teeth.

"I should have known it was you. You've been stalking me since God knows when! What the hell?"

Julian Norman got up.

"Hi, Camila. It's been a while, huh?"

Camila glared at him. "Why are you stalking me? I said I wanted to never see you again!"

Julian grinned.
"I'm here to take you back, of course. I still love you, you know."

"How stupid are you? What we had was definitely not love. You made that clear and believe me I fully agree with you now. I'm with someone, I'm sure you already know that."

"Yeah. But he's not me. Cami, I missed y—"

"Don't you dare start with me! And you're right, he's not you at all. He doesn't see girls as personal conquests to brag about. Leave me alone. I don't want to see you ever again."

She left him stunned as she walked away.

Camila had changed. And that only made him want her even more than he did before.

MIA'S HOUSE
Mia groaned in frustration.

She had been analyzing names and circumstances for hours and still had nothing.

How do cops do this shit?

She went back to look at the murders.

Suddenly it hit her. No way! It couldn't be!

She analyzed it all the possible ways, but she always got the same name. Tears rolled down her face.

She wiped her tears angrily as she walked to her wardrobe and opened it.

This ends now.