fifty six: the white sky

Start from the beginning

I remember going there, being with Newt, and then the dream, and now I'm here.

Lincoln caught the expression I had on. "Stay put – I'll go and get your boyfriend, I'm sure he'll be over the moon to find out you're awake."

Swallowing another gulp of water, I spluttered out, "Oh, he's not my boyfriend."

Just as Lincoln had reached the door, he turned back with a confused face.

"Really? That's not what he said."

And then he headed out of the door.

--

"I was fucking stabbed?"

Everyone looked slightly afraid.

Newt stood next to my bed, holding my hand. Thomas sat across the room; Vince sat opposite. Brenda was the other side of me, constantly passing me a new glass of water, and Fry was wrapping up sandwiches in tin foil so "I would have something to eat whenever I was hungry".

"It was the absolute last thing I expected to be honest-"

Vince sent Brenda a glare.

"While it was unexpected, we think we have determined the reason behind why this random kid attacked you three days ago."

Lincoln failed to mention earlier that I had been unconscious for three fucking days.

"And why's that?" Newt asked.

Vince took a deep breath in. "Y/n wasn't wearing a jacket."

That wasn't remotely what I was expecting.

"What does that mean?" Thomas asks irritably from his chair.

Vince rolled his eyes. "There was nothing covering her arms – the kid thought she was one of them."

Oh.

No one said anything for a few seconds.

"Where is the boy now?" I asked.

Newt visibly stiffens from beside me, and Vince straightens up in his seat.

Vince was the one who answered. "He didn't make it. He died during the attack."

Oh. That's much worse than what I ended up with.

Brenda immediately changed the subject.

"Look, there's nothing we can do about that now. But the real question is, when can she get out of this shit hole and start fighting again? We can't lose her; we all know that."

Vince nodded. "While I agree, I don't know how long Y/n will be on bed rest for, and I certainly don't know when she'll be allowed to go back out on the hunt again."

"It's just a stab wound, give me a couple of weeks and I'll be fine and ready to fight again."

Vince stood from his chair. "In a couple of days, you can leave the medical center, and you will then be put on bed rest. You will remain there until you fully recover. Do I make myself clear?"

I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

The man repeated himself. "Am I clear, Y/n?"

Sighing, I nodded.

"Excellent. Once Y/n is out of here, we will have the next meeting in the council room. Until then, continue on with regular jobs, and do not disturb the new arrivals. They lost a lot of friends when the attack happened, so I want you all to be as welcoming as possible."

Everyone besides Newt stood to leave.

"Wait, hold on. New comers?"

Fry turned and smiled. "Yeah, the kid who stabbed you, we rescued his friends."

Seriously?

Fry had turned back to head off, just as Newt stood.

He turned towards the counter where the sandwiches sat, and picked one up.

"So, boyfriend, huh?"

He stiffened before me.

"I wasn't sure how to ask you."

I smiled at his stupidity. "I would have said yes, by the way."

Newt grinned, and passed me the sandwich as he took a seat.

"Okay. Y/n, can I be your boyfriend?"

I smirked and responded. 

"If you must." 

-

A/N: surprise, she survived, lol. 

i had so much fun writing the dream you have no idea. i love writing stuff like that it is so much more interesting than random things such as dialogue. 

in better news, i have half term coming up, which means i'll write lots more so i have more to post throughout the upcoming weeks ;) 

have a great day/night <3