twenty two: the checkups

I changed into new clothes and just chucked my old ones away. I felt much better after showering as promptly afterwards, Teresa and I were lead down a hall way for check-ups. It was just to make sure we had no internal injuries and to also add any vitamins they thought we were lacking. Turns out, we were missing quite a lot.

Slowly the others re-joined us, as they received the exact same treatment we did. Blood work and supplements.

"That's a nasty wound you got there. Do you know how you got it?" A brown-haired woman was examining my scar and flinching every time she touched it, expecting me to wince in pain but instead receiving nothing.

"No clue. Just woke up with it." I said as I sat down next to her, waiting for the woman to finish up. I scanned across the rows of kids, spotting Thomas and Frypan as I did so, before landing my eyes on Newt. He was getting his blood taken as I quickly turned my head back at a sudden burst of pain.

"Oh, sorry. Didn't mean to do that, I was just trying to determine what kind of object was used. I assume a knife." Jeff was right after all, impressive really as I doubt he had any training in the field previously. "Yeah, that's what we figured." I said shortly as I pulled the top back over my shoulder.

Just like before, I wore clothes that covered the mark on my arm. I didn't want to risk anyone seeing it so I just figured that for the time being I would just keep it to myself.

"Y/n?" My head shot towards the person calling my name as I was immediately met with the figure right in front of me. It was Janson.

How did he know my name?

I knitted my brows together, not trying for a second to hide my confusion as the man stood in front of me. "Come with me, please." He tilted his head as he kept his eyes on me. I maintained a cold expression as I slowly rose from my seat. As I stood up, I noticed two men standing massively behind him. They were holding large guns with their fingers rested carefully on the triggers as they stared forward, refusing to even look at me.

The encounter caught the others attention as people started to stare at me confused. Before I could even say anything, Janson cut me off. "Great." He flashed a slimy smile before turning on his heel and walking off. I followed hesitantly, and just as I did, the men followed closely behind me. They kept their guns frighteningly close to my back, probably to keep me moving. As I passed Newt's station, he looked at me confused and worried as my eyes darted all around him. His eyes didn't leave mine until I physically couldn't look at him anymore due to how far away I was.

Janson slowed down to make sure I was following but didn't say a word. So instead, I thought I should.

"How the hell do you know my name?" I spat accusingly, trying to portray my annoyance to the man. Whatever the reason was, I didn't like him all that much.

He chuckled to himself quietly as he turned around to look at me, however still continued to walk. "Everyone here does, Y/n." My eyes narrowed at his remark, annoyed at how obtuse the man was being.

"What does that mean?" My manner staying cold and irritated.

He looked back, seemingly annoyed at my question. "It means that everyone here knows who you are. Whether that's good or bad." His answers always seemed to lead to more questions, but by now, I'm sure he's doing it intentionally, so I decided not to say another word.

We turned a sharp corner as he stopped in front of a door and grabbed the handle. He opened it and held it open as I walked in with the men still closely on my heels. He closed it behind us as he ushered for me to sit down.

He kept the stupid smirk he had on his face as he sat down to face me as the other two stood behind me up against a wall. It wasn't a large room, just four grey walls and a door.