CH: 13 Let's get through the list

Comenzar desde el principio

I nodded my head.

"True. I moved out here to start a new life, and now I want to take a road trip, but I'm not going to take my Cadillac, that's for sure." I said to him.

"Yeah, I get that." He said.

"Did the person you rejected take the hint?" I asked.

"Ugh, eventually she did, man, but it made me reflect on how I was before, and when I was going to see the other person I was interested in to apologize, you know for being stupid and letting my ego go overboard, she wasn't there, and then the next day I heard that she was missing," Raymond said with a scowl on his face.

"It bothered me a lot because something didn't feel right, you know when someone is too nice? As in being nice to everyone? That's how she was, she was a good person, but you know some people take advantage of good people. She was even nice to me; I'm pretty sure I annoyed the hell out of that woman, but she was never rude to me; she would politely decline my request." Raymond said in a sincere voice.

"Are you saying she attracted creepy guys that might have took her niceness a little too far?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm being real, even I noticed a few creepy guys watching her sometimes in the store. I've told her that she shouldn't be the only one in the store managing it by herself, but I think she took what I was trying to say the wrong way. Anyway, I even suggested those men that I was suspicious about to the police." Raymond said.

"I think this car you'll be interested in." He said, pointing towards it and leading me to it.

"What did the police say?" I asked him.

He turned to look at me, giving me a blunt look.

"We'll look into it, is what they said. Not even sure if they did or not, but considering that she's still missing and haven't been found, I don't know if she's alive, that girl was in love with that store, that was the love of her life, there's no way she would leave it. She was a woman of goals too, she was definitely killed, and the killer is walking around free right now." Raymond said, opening the car that he was in front of.

"Have a look and let me know." He said.

I went into the car and sat down.

"So there's been no update?" I asked him.

Raymond looked at me confused, but the realization came across his face when he realized that I was talking about Faith's case.

"Not that I am aware of; I hope that's she's okay and alive; if she is, she'll come back to her store, and maybe, she'll give me a chance, of course, I'll apologize for being pushy and explain myself," Raymond said.

I looked away from him and started the car.

What he said bothered me; there's no way Faith would be interested in him or want anything to do with him.

I looked at everything in and out of the car and even test drove it.

Let's be honest, I wasn't going to buy this car, but I needed to play the part.

I told him I needed to think more about the car, and he ended up giving me his card, letting me know that I should request him when I came back.

I took his car and left.

"Alright, next place. I don't know what to make of Raymond, but I don't. He's the guy, he didn't give out the creepy vibe, but that doesn't mean I'm going to cross him off my list." I said to myself out loud.

Next on the list was Carlton, the bakery guy.

"Wow, the bakery is just 11 minutes away, perfect," I said, driving towards the bakery; it was a nice-looking bakery from the outside.