Chapter 18

I woke up next morning. It was almost noon. My head was aching and felt like someone was hammering it. I felt cold. Ryan was missing. He wasn't on the bed. I remembered he was mad at me.

I planned on taking a shower first. I took a quick shower, brushed my teeth thoroughly and wore a dark grey V-neck sweater with denim Jeans.

I knocked on Ryan's bedroom door. I heard Ryan saying 'yes' in his sleepy voice. I entered his room, he was sitting on the edge of his bed, shirtless. He didn't look up at me, but simply stood in front of me.

"I didn't know, that girl was shoving alcohol down my throat. I just simply asked her to get me a coke. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to get drunk." I said, even though I can't undo anything, I felt the need to explain.

He was still not looking at me. I wrapped my arms around his waist. "I know, it wasn't your fault. But I don't want to see you in that drunk situation, with guys who could have took advantage. I know you can protect yourself. But...be careful." He said looking at me now.

I kissed his chest and inhaled his scent, his heart started beating faster. He wrapped his arms around me.

After about five minutes, I looked at him. He was really sleepy. "you should sleep little more. You look tired." I told him. He nodded. I was leaving the room, then I heard him say. "where are you going?" he asked confused. "you're tired, so I'm letting you take rest." I told him obviously.

He chuckled. "I'm tired, but I'm not tired of you." He said taking me in his arms, I wrapped my legs around him. He threw me on the bed and laid on top of me. I laughed. He was inhaling in my neck and fell asleep quite easily.

I was studying him while he was sleeping like a baby. His hands were at the either side of my head. He shifted and laid beside me. I was just admiring him. I turned the other side to send a text to library head.

I told him that I was taking off. Ryan wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer. He was spooning me. I felt his steady breath on my neck.

Three hours passed quite fast. It was now half past one. I turned to face Ryan. "wake up! Sleepy head." He didn't respond. "Ryan?" I whisper-yelled at him. He pushed me so I was on my back now. He shifted and laid on top of me, his face in my neck.

"Faith, I like hearing my name in your voice." He said sleepily. I blushed at his admission. "Ryan." I said. He looked at me, brushed his nose with mine and left for bathroom.

I was in the lounge, waiting for Ryan. He came down wearing a hoodie with jeans. He wore a cap, opposite side facing in front. He looked so cuddly and hot in that cap. We planned to get some coffee from the cafe. He ordered for both of us, and we sat in our usual spot.

"how was your meeting with your parents?" I asked him. "they did told us about each other's feelings. And they want to get married quietly. Bryan was a little shocked. Hope was extremely happy. Me and Niall kind of knew what was coming so we are okay with it. They're happy, what else do we want?" he told me happily.

I took a sip of my coffee. "is Bryan still mad at them?" I asked worriedly. "nah, he is okay. Actually excited about the wedding. But dad popped his bubble of excitement by saying that wedding will be really simple." He told me.

I was happy for the Morgans. We left the cafe and was on our way back to dorm. But I saw a new notice on the board. There were dates of our last class, Christmas break. Classes will be off in the second week of December.

I didn't like it.

"you read it?" I asked him. But he was busy reading something else. I patted him on the shoulder. "um...yeah, I've read it. You don't look happy about the break." He asked me confused. "yeah, I won't be going back to Utah. Everyone will be enjoying Christmas with there loved ones and I'll be trapped alone here." I told him bizarrely.

He laughed. "You won't be alone, I'll be with you. I'll spend my break here and will visit my family on Christmas." He said as if it was the best thing that was going to happen to him.

I laughed and hugged him tightly. He hugged me back. I heard the annoying voice of Rosie. "I can offer you more than just a hug." She told Ryan, who ignored her completely.

I was so annoyed.

Ryan told me to go on, he'll join me in a minute. I started walking towards our dorm, but a blonde guy interrupted me. "wanna go to the dance with me?" he asked me.

There was dance in our college? When?

"I don't even know your name." I told him and started walking again. "I'm Blake. Football player." He said arrogantly as if he can charm me by being in team.

My hands were shaking, I hate it when guys asked me this kind of stuff, not that many asks. "You should be cheerleader." He told me which I took as an insult. "no, I don't want to. Still my answer is no. Move aside." I told him and walked away.

Ryan joined me and smiled at me. I smiled back, I was glad he was back at my side. He put his arm on my shoulder. We walked to the dorm and sat in my room.

He was acting a little weird. He looked nervous. He was talking about random stuff, he was trying not to show his nervousness. After about half an hour he looked as if he was scared.

I was going to ask him but he spoke before. "there's a dance on the last day..." he said. I completely forgot it. Ryan's presence always make my mind attentive to him only.

"When is this dance? I just heard about it from...someone." I didn't want to remind my self of Blake. "it's on 5th of December." He said quietly. "What are the rules and all that stuff about theme." I asked him, I was curious. "guys have to ask girls, you have to attend it, means you have to find a date. Theme is just the same, guys in tux and girls in dresses." He said irritated a little. My thoughts were stuck on the you have to find a date. "You found your...date?" I asked him hopefully.

I exactly didn't know what I was hoping. I didn't felt really good about dance. I know I can dance okay, but in front of everyone, never. But the thought that maybe Ryan will ask me was tempting. I tried to avoid that happy thought because I didn't want to be disappointed.

"I haven't asked anyone..." he told me. "did someone asked you?" he asked uncomfortably. "um...yeah but he didn't felt right." I told him, hoping he would get the hint. "Would you like to go with me...to the dance?" He asked.

He looked so nervous, I traced his scar. I felt him getting relaxed. I was a little shocked. I had knew somewhere in my heart that he may ask me, but I hadn't accept it. "yeah, I'll go" I told him. His eyes widened as if he expected me to say no.

Was he dumb?

He smiled then and sat closer to me.