Chapter 213 (Part 1 & 2)

Start from the beginning

At least this NPC is not beyond help. Ye Ci let out a sigh of relief, "You're right. So, what will it be? Are you going to make the deal?"

"Of course! You don't have to worry about it! I, Andrei, can keep a secret! I'm sure you've seen it with your own eyes! I did not even tell Fa'tar a thing despite his tortures. I will definitely be able to keep this thing a secret!" Andrei patted his shoulder, trying his best to reassure Ye Ci. However, he was still worried about things on Ye Ci's end, "I'm worried about you though. Can you keep my secret?"

"I'm a merchant, and the most important quality of a merchant is to have good faith. Since I've given you my word, I will definitely keep your secret."

"That's good! That's good!" Andrei was relieved to hear Ye Ci's words. He then finished off the few remaining bites of the horse meat. However, it was not enough for Andrei. He stared at the large chunk of meat that Ye Ci was slowly roasting over the fire, but was too embarrassed to ask for a portion. He could only stare at the meat, while the fragrance of the sizzling meat assaulted his senses.

Ye Ci stole a glance at Andrei, and invited him to sit next to her to partake in the meal, "Come, it's almost done."

"I'll pass. You've done so much for me. I-I'm full." despite his boorish nature, Andrei acted in a gentlemanly manner in front of women, especially Ye Ci who was also his savior. He ignored the protest of his rumbling stomach, and rejected Ye Ci's offer.

Ye Ci insisted on inviting Andrei to have more of the meat. In an open quest like this, the interaction between a player and an NPC would affect the emotion of the NPC. Andrei was the perfect example. Although the bandits in Silvery Tin Ore was just a branch of the Doran Thieves Guild, being able to become the leader of a branch meant that Andrei was someone with considerable influence within the guild.

It was very important to flatter and curry favor with such NPCs. However, these NPCs have human emotion, if players overdid their attempt to win over the NPC, they might ended up making more losses than gain. To increase their Intimacy Level with NPCs like such as Andrei, the best option was to fulfill their heart's desire, and adapt to his taste. The attempt must not be overly deliberate, or it might backfire on the player.

"I'm sure that you haven't had a good meal during your stay in the prison. Just look at yourself! Millard will be heartbroken if he sees you like this. Sometimes, we stay alive not for ourselves, but for the others closest to us. That is why you must eat up, for the sake of your brother. Besides, this horse is too big for me to finish alone. Why don't you help me out and finish the meat for me?" Ye Ci smiled at Andrei.

After listening to Ye Ci's words, Andrei had no more grounds to reject her offer. He grabbed at his hair and smiled awkwardly at Ye Ci, "You have a point. I'll help you finish the meat then." he then sat in front of Ye Ci and grabbed a piece of roasted meat.

As he gobbled down the meat, Andrei began showering Ye Ci with praise, "Elf, although you're a citizen of Red Lake City, you're a good person, and you cook good food as well! I think I don't hate you anymore."

Ye Ci quietly opened Andrei's status window, and looked at her Intimacy Level with him. He was no longer hostile towards Ye Ci, and their relationship was displayed as "Intimate". As Andrei continued gobbling down the meat, their intimacy rose. If Ye Ci could do something to raise his level of happiness, she would be able to reach the intimacy level of Sworn Friends with Andrei.

As long as Ye Ci could become Sworn Friends with Andrei, she would be able to gain many benefits from the Doran Thieves Guild. In the many Prestige systems in Fate, the Faction Prestige was one of the most beneficial systems to players. However, Faction Prestige was very hard to earn. Even in her past life, Ye Ci was barely able to name a handful of players who were able to reach the Prestige level of "Intimate" with certain factions. Those who were able to reach the Prestige level of "Revered" was few and far between.