" As you wish. But I'll never stop looking over you pumpkin. I love you remember that" he spoke, before he walked away never looking back at her.

" I-I why was it this hard?" she questioned as the tears started falling. She regretted her decision, but it was also for the best in her eyes.

" Ion' know baby, but I'a support you in whatever you decide" Illyan spoke as he brung her in a well needed hug. " I forever gotchu' you hea' me?" he questioned as he rubbed her back.

" I hear you" she nodded, wiping her tears.

" Cmon let's go back inside princess mhm?" he rubbed the back of her neck, as he looked down at her small figure.

" Okay" she mumbled, holding onto his hand. " You have pretty hands" she stated as she started playing with his fingers. It was safe to say that for all the months she spent with Illyan, she haven't noticed how pretty and well taken care of his hands were.

" Yeah? Thank you mama" he smiled, pressing a gentle kiss on her temple as they entered the house.

" So how did it go?" Aminata nervously asked as soon as Soleil and Illyan stepped foot inside.

" I think youn' need me fa' that one" Illyan mumbled slowly detaching his hand from hers. He understood that this was a conversation she needed to have with her parents alone. He didn't want to be intrusive.

" No" Soleil shook her head, grabbing onto his arm instead.

Illyan looked down at her and raised his eyebrow.
" No?" he questioned with his eyebrow raised up.

" Yes. No" she nodded her head. Soleil didn't know what came over her, but she didn't want him to leave. Even though he would just be in their room, it still didn't sit right with her. She needed to be and stay in his presence.

Illyan sighed and gave in, he knew he had to talk to her after this conversation. She had been down a lot more lately and he was worried. Her mental and physical state were one of his priorities. He had to make sure she was straight no matter what the circumstances.

" I-I told him to leave" she admitted, bitting on her own lip as she answered her mother's question.

" Did that make you feel better?" Honoré then asked, a hand on his wife's waist.

" No" she scoffed. Soleil couldn't understand how someone she haven't seen for seventeen years could already have such drastic impact in her life. She forgot everything about that man, and it took just him calling her by her childhood nickname to confuse her even more.

" Then you know what to do baby" Aminata softly spoke.

" He knows how to find me. If he wants to talk, he'll come to me not the other way around" she shook her head. One thing she was sure of, Soleil refused to chase him, even if she felt bad at the moment.

Aminata looked at her daughter a few seconds before sighing and nodding. Sometimes she wondered why her daughter had to be so stubborn. Her stubbornness would be one of the only things that would make her miss out on plenty of opportunities.

" I think you two need to talk now. Cmon babe" Aminata looked at the pair, grabbing her husband's hand and going up the stairs.