Chapter 16 - Stay Away From Him

Paddle Pop's PoV
I just came out of the dining room after finished my dinner and cleaned up the food utensils with the other residents of the charity house. I looked at the chair in the middle park. And I saw Arumi sitting there pensively.

I remembered the moment a while ago when I saw Arumi having a short talk with Shadow Master in the corridor.

"What are they doing?" I thought.

I had suspected that Shadow Master did something bad to her. Threatening or something. That because I saw Arumi leaving him by running. But then I remembered that Arumi is shy. So she ran as a reaction when she was shy. But wait! I didn't see her expression when she ran. What if she ran away because she was afraid of Shadow Master?

Hmmm.... I guess I should ask Arumi to make sure. I don't want to be fooled to let Shadow Master act behind me. So I approached to Arumi who just stood up from the chair.

"Arumi..." I called.

Arumi turned to me in surprise. "Eh? Y-yes?"

"Arumi... ummm... I saw you talking to Shadow Master earlier. Did he say or do anything bad to you?"

She looks confused. "W-what do you mean?"

"Threatening you or something." I answered.

"N-no!"

"Are you sure?"

"Y-yes! I-I just wa-want to get to know him."

Hah? All right, this is a little weird. "You are shy, aren't you? Shys usually don't like start the introductions first."

"Be-because..." she was silent for a moment. "Wh-even though I'm shy, I-I wish I could be friends with anyone."

"Is that true?" I asked again.

"Y-yes!"

I sighed. "Arumi, sorry but you shouldn't be friends with Shadow Master. In fact, you should stay away from him!"

I then told Arumi about how evil Shadow Master was. About he who kill my father with no mercy. About how he causes suffering everywhere. And, about how he can deceive and treat someone like an object that can just thrown away when it is no longer needed.

"Just stay away from Shadow Master, okay!" I said ending my story.

I then left her.

I hope she understands

***

Arumi's PoV
I looked at Paddle Pop who left me

Paddle Pop, you don't know. You don't know.