Chapter 15 - Introduction

Shadow Master's PoV
That was a really fun for me. Seeing Paddle Poo's face as he prepared to receive the slap on the door really made me feel good. Well, I was just bully him. But next time, i will do it seriously. Hahaha!

Now... what do I do? What can I do now? Without my power, I automatically can't do what I usually do.

Just stay in the room? Boring! Plus the colors are white which is a symbol of light. Huh, that sucks!

If that so, what do I do now?

. . .

Oh yeah! There's a library here. And the library means a place with a lot of books and files containing information. Maybe... yes! Maybe in there, I can find something to unlock my power. So I can be myself completely again.

***

It was quiet in the library. There were only two creatures that seemed to be librarian. One is a man with an ape-like appearance but not an ape. While the other an owl. Ugh, so remembering me to that old owl! Which I caught and forced to give information several times.

Ah, never mind! I better start searching now.

I took a thick dark blue book from a shelf. When I saw the title, it turned out to be a book about magic.

Maybe I will find it here

I then took the book and walked to the long empty table in the middle of the room.

When i was just sitting down, I heard someone coming. I turned and see that it was Paddle Pop's friends. And I saw Liona holding hands
a creature in the form of an ape but not an ape which has a rather strange appearance in my opinion. She wears an eye patch on her left eye plus glasses. Already wearing eye patch, glasses too. It makes her appearance a bit strange in my opinion.

Ah, but i don't care!

I turned my attention back to the book I was holding. Luckily I took a seat at the end of the table. So at least I can stay away from them.

And I think they also want to stay away from me because when I looked again, they were already sitting at the other end of the table.

***

Ugh, so annoyed! I've been searching all day and can't find what I'm looking for. Well, at least I learned a few things today. One of it is a creature in the form of an ape but not an ape, it's called human.

"He-hey, wait!"

I don't care. Maybe she's calling someone else.

"Y-you who are in black robes, w-wait!"

Okay! Obviously she called me

I stopped and looked back. I saw the creatur- human with the eye patch and the glasses walking towards me. She stopped only about half a meter from me.

"What?" I asked.

She didn't answer. She looked doubtful and confused.

"What's up? Say it fast or I'll go!" I said raising my voice.

"U-u-umm... you are who just came yesterday, right?"

"Yes that's right!" I answered. "So why?"

"W-we haven't get to know each other yet." She then stretched out her hand. "My name is Arum."

***

Arumi's PoV
I felt like I was about to faint when I asked the black creature in front of me to get to know each other. After all, I'm shy and I'm not used to starting conversations.

Huh? Then why do I want to talk first to him? Well, there's a reason of that. But I'll explain it later because now I really have to take care of myself.

"Are you serious to ask me to get to know each other?"

"N-no!" I replied nervously. "I-I-I really want to know you!"

He turned around. Now his back is to me. After a while, I noticed that he was walking away from me.

Oh, man! Did I said something wrong? Am I-"

"Shadow Master!"

"What?"

"Shadow Master! That's my name."

Shadow Master? Mister Shadow? It fits well with his appearance which is like a shadow.

"Sha-Shadow Master, i-if you need help, d-don't hesitate to ask me."

***

Shadoe Master's PoV
"Hah?!"

I who had already turned around and was about to leave her immediately turned again and looked at her.

"J-just don't hesitate to ask me."

After saying that, he took a step or two backward before turning around and running away across the corridor.

Really weird girl. She was clearly shy. But she offered to help me? What is she thinking? Offering help to me is the same as being ready to i use it and i throw away when I no longer need it.

I then turned around.

Hmmm... maybe I can consider the offer.

Suddenly I saw a figure with a pair of eyes staring at me from a distance.

Paddle Pop?