13 | 𝚞𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚕 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚗

That was it. My life.

Standing on the edge of this building thinking about my life made me realize a lot of things.

Now I know how I ended up here.

I needed to leave.

The wind blowing in my face is getting colder and colder with each thought of mine.

I finally recognized the voices behind me.

"Dazai-san please take a few steps back!"

Atsushi.

"Dazai-san give us an answer! Should we pull you back?"

Akutagawa.

One voice is missing. My favorite voice. Chuuya's voice.

I'm not turning around anytime soon kids.

I'm sorry.

I smile a little and take one last glance at the wonderful city Yokohama.

So many memories.

Some were beautiful, some were nightmares.

But one thing is for sure: Chuuya was always part of them.

When Oda died I thought my life was over as well.

With Oda I lost a father figure and a mentor.

But I didn't recognize that I still had Chuuya.

It took me so many years to realize that Chuuya was not just my partner or my friend.

Nakahara Chuuya was the love of my life.

It's ironic how I realize it now that I threw even the last bit of our relationship away and now that I'm about to jump off a building.

Life is unfair.

It was unfair when I was younger and it's still unfair now that I'm an adult.

It's not getting harder, the problems are just changing.

Changing like everything changes with you.

Some people leave you and new people join you on your journey in life.

Just like that your problems fade and new ones come.

I was dumb. I made mistakes. And I'm glad I did.

Because after all I learned from my mistakes.

I'm sure if we had enough time I would've sent many more years with Chuuya.

Hell I would've even grown old with him if I had the chance.

"Dazai!"

This voice.

His voice.

I snap out of my thoughts and turn around.

The wind is blowing harder now and Atsushi is standing next to Akutagawa, both holding onto each other.

Chuuya is standing a few meters away from me and holding his hat in his hand.

I give him a soft smile.

"I'm sorry for everything. I love you so much Chuuya Nakahara. I always have."

With those words I take a step back and fall from the building.

It's a very high building so I can enjoy this feeling a little longer.

The wind is blowing my coat away and I close my eyes.

I finally told Chuuya what I felt this whole time.

I don't know if its because of the fear of rejection or the guilt I felt but I didn't want to hear his answer.

My whole body is feeling numb and the last thing I hear before I hit the floor is a soft whisper right next to my left ear.

"I love you too."

================================
A/N:

That's it friends. That's the story. I hope you enjoyed reading and I might continue writing other books if I get the motivation.
As I said thanks a lot for reading this book and I hope to see some of you guys around.
Have a nice day everyone <3