10 | 𝚍𝚊𝚛𝚔𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚜

A few days later something horrible happened.

The european organization Mimic had a leader who wanted Oda to kill him since he was the only one powerful enough to.

The leader's ability was strange and a lot like Oda's. That's why he thought Oda was the only one able to kill him.

Of course Oda would never accept something like that.

He was a good man and he promised himself to never kill someone even though he was a member of the port mafia.

He was the only one of us with no kilk count at all.

He didn't accept the leader's offer and Mori did everything to force him to give in and accept.

Oda knew a group of orphans he once saved and really loved. Of course Mori took advantage of that and killed them.

After Ango betrayed the mafia and helped the goverment, Oda decided there was no reason to run away from his responsibilies and went to kill the leader of Mimic.

I asked Mori where Oda was and when he told me about Oda accepting the challenge I wanted to help him.

"Wait, Dazai.",

I stopped at Mori's words.

"unfortunately I can't let you go now."

Other members of the mafia held their loaded weapons against me as I tried to move to the door.

"Boss, I want to tell you exactly two things. First of all: you definitely won't let them shoot me now." I said still not turning around to look at Mori.

"What makes you think that?" Mori asked and looked out of the window.

"It would be useless. You would loose your youngest executive and a very talented member. Now here's the second thing: There's only one reason I want to go to Odasaku. It's because he's my best friend."

With those words I walked past the armed men who were supposed to shoot me and walked out the door.

It felt good leaving Mori behind after that talk.

It was easy to locate Oda and Mimic's leader.

When I arrived at the old building which turned out to be Mimic's meeting point I was shocked by what I saw.

Oda and Mimic's leader both shoot each other at the same time.

When both of them fell to the floor I ran over to Oda and kneeled down next to him.

"Odasaku... Odasaku!"

I put my hand on his wound and looked at the blood.

"Odasaku... we can take you to the hospital please get up!"

Oda just smiled and put his hand on my head.

"Hey... Dazai... you know no hospital would help a port mafia member."

I felt my heart ache and screamed at Oda: "I won't let you die here! You will survive! I'm sure you will."

Oda moved his hand to my cheek and looked into my eyes: "I want to tell you something. Please listen to me."

I nodded and kept looking at Oda.

"Here's an advice for you: If you have to choose sides choose the good one. If both sides are the same, choose to become a good man. Become someone who saves people. Promise me that... Dazai..."

With those words Oda closed his eyes and his hand slipped away from my cheek, pulling the bandage I had over my eye down.

I took one last look at Oda before leaving the building and wandering around the city.

I didn't know what to do. I knew I had no reason for staying at the mafia. Oda wanted me to become a good man and I couldn't become a good man if my job was killing people.

That evening I left Yokohama, leaving everything behind.

I didn't have any regrets except for one: I left Chuuya.

Besides Odasaku, Chuuya was one reason why I haven't killed myself at that time.

Of course I noticed that when it was already too late.

The next morning I saw many messages from Chuuya, asking where I was and why I didn't answer his calls.

After spending two days outside of the city I decided to call Chuuya and explain everything to him.

"Chu-"

"Dazai! You fucking asshole! You idiot! Scumbag! Dickhead! Betrayer!"

I let out a soft laugh after Chuuya was done insulting me.

"Chuuya I want to explain. May I?"

Chuuya sighed on the other side of the phone and I started telling him about Oda's death and why I left the city.

"You're a loser. You broke your promise just days after promising it."

"Wait what promise-"

I was cut off by Chuuya yelling on the other side of the phone: "Now you don't even remember! You know what don't call me anymore. You betrayed me! you betrayed all of us!"

"Chu-" When I was about to apologize, my partner on the other side hung up on me.

That night I cried myself to sleep like the many other nights before.

I managed to loose the only little light I had left in my life.

First I lost Oda then Chuuya.

I thought about killing myself but I knew that I had to fullfil Oda's last wish.

I needed to become a better man. No matter how.