9 | 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚎

"Hey Dazai. How about we drink something again tonight?"

Every since that one night when we sneaked into the room with the alcohol and tried almost all of it, Chuuya and I would often drink together.

When we turned 18 we even had our first bar visit together.

Oda and Ango took us to the bar with them and I went with then to the bar ever since. And just the day before we took a picture together.

Chuuya didn't like the bar but that was fine because we would much rather drink at home.

At that time Chuuya was the only one I could have fun with because he was my age.

"Sure!" I agreed to his suggestion.

Later that night we got ourselves a bottle of whiskey and headed to Chuuya's room.

We talked about many things like we always do and it all seemed pretty normal.

"Did you hear about the thing with Oda?

Chuuya asked me about Oda all of a sudden.

"I actually had a mission today. Ango went missing and Oda had to find him. I found out about a weird organization and they might have something to do with Ango."

I explained.

It was a weird mission. And the fact Oda had to do it was even more suspicious.

"Can we not talk about work now? Let's just enjoy ourselves."

I said trying to change the subject a little.

"It's fine I was just curious. About that organization I mean. What do you think is their goal?"

I didn't want to be rude so I answered even though I didn't want to talk about work.

"I found out some things. Apparently the organization is called 'Mimic' they're from a foreign country. I need to tell Oda tomorrow I didn't have the chance to tell him yet."

I said as I took another shot of whiskey.

There was a small silence after I informed Chuuya about my mission.

"Can I ask you something?"

Chuuya said and I noticed he hasn't drank anything from his glass.

I nodded whike taking another shot and waited for him to continue.

He hesitated a little but then spoke up again.

"What kind of relationship do you actually have with Oda?"

I gave Chuuya a surprised looj and he looked away.

"It's hard to explain..." I said smiling softly at my glass of whiskey.

After taking my fourth shot I continued talking about my relationship with Oda.

"I love him a lot. He means more to me than anyone else."

That was a lie. Chuuya meant as much to me as Oda did but I had to be way more drunk to tell him that.

"For me, Oda is like a father I never had. He's a true role model. He's a wise and brave man who always wants the best for others even if it means sacrificing himself for it. That's why I love him so much. He hasn't killed anyone in his whole life and still works for the port mafia. He's an inspiration to me."

I said and looked at the picture I took with Oda and Ango in bar Lupin.

It seemed I had talked a lot about Oda because I didn't get an answer from my partner after what I've said.

"Chuuya? Are you okay?"

I asked and looked at Chuuya who was staring at the glass of whiskey infront of him.

A few seconds later he drank out the whole glass without answering my question.

We laughed and drank even more after that.

The only reason I was drinking was to forget about what I just told Chuuya. I didn't want to be in a bad mood when spending time with him.

"Dazai you idiot I can't believe you like Oda more than me!" Chuuya said laughing like a maniac.

We were both way too drunk to hold a normal conversation and we just kept laughing at everything.

"Heeey! I never said that~"

I said sitting at Chuuya's table.

"Do you love me asshole? You better say yes now!"

Both of us laughed and without realizing what I was doing I jumped into Chuuya's arms and screamed: "I love you! I love you, I love you, I love you! Chuuya you mean as much to me as Oda! The only difference is that I would marry you!"

Chuuya became quieter and still laughed at my foolishness.

"You idiot I actually thought you hated me huh?" Chuuya said smiling like an idiot.

I let out an overdramatic gasp: "Why should I? Chu Chu you're the love of my life~"

Chuuya smiled and dropped me on his bed.

"You're so drunk."

"Chuuya I want us to get married!"

I got up and walked over to Chuuya's desk. Then I took out a bullet from the gun I was keeping in my pocket and wrote something on it.

"I will give this to you. And when we turn 23 you can show it to me and we will officially get married. See it as a promise bullet." I said laughing soflty while drawing a little heart on the bullet.

Chuuya gave me a surprised look, not sure if I was too drunk or if I actually meant it.

He took the bullet and smiled softly.

"Dazai we should get you to bed. You drank way more than you should. And you have work tomorrow so let's go."

Chuuya took me to my room and wished me a good night.

The only reason I remember what happened that night is because I wrote it down and found the paper a few days ago.

If I knew before I wouldn't have broken my promise...