Chapter twenty eight - Azriel's P.O.V

After roasted chicken, spinach and orange salad, golden potatoes and pumpkin, what felt like hundreds of glasses of wine, a slice of Feyre's birthday cake, my head was spinning. Cassian roared with laughter at whatever Mor had just said, his arm slung across Nesta's back as they huddled beside the fire. Elain washing up kindly with Nuala and Cerridwen, possibly giving them her own gift in the process. Amren had headed home, declaring it was enough wine for her, while Feyre and Rhys had put Nyx to bed, and headed off to the cabins. It was already too obvious what was happening.

My mate was standing by the balcony heading off from my bedroom, having left after dinner. My beautiful, bold, charming mate. Holding the railing of the platform gently and watching the night with curious, prying gold eyes. I sauntered towards her, trying to remain casual, even as my own gift was tucked away in my pants. (A/N: NOT THAT KIND OF PRESENT, YOU DIRTY MINDED PEOPLE)

Ciana turned slowly, her face lighting up when she seeked me, "Az." She said, my name a prayer on her lips, "Should we exchange presents, now that we have privacy?" I nodded, suddenly feeling slightly nervous. She strode past me, going to the nightstand, before swiping something up off of it before I could see. I chuckled as she came back in a hurry, "Being secretive again, are we?"

"Prick." Ciana laughed, and held out Cassian's earlier present - this time the siphon cobalt blue, not red. I gaped at it, "And how the hell did you pay for all of these presents?" Cia smiled softly, "I went flower hunting, through some of the nights, collecting new flowers and species of plants for my friend, I was payed, of course."

I was liking Emmeline better and better.

"I love you, you know." Ciana whispered humbly, before drawing something else out, I stared. Cassian and Nesta had shown me this before; it was the music player, Cass had recorded the musical songs Nesta had enjoyed dancing to so she could play them whenever she pleased. We've never danced in front of each other, so what is this about?

Answering my question, Cia played a bit, and I instantly recognised her sweet voice. The charming rhythmical melody that melted in my bones, then burned molten steel, before melting again. Different tunes and mellow voices from my mate drifted into my ears, and I almost felt drowsy. "I noticed my singing calmed you down." Ciana explained quietly, talking down to my bare feet, "I didn't want to show everyone because, well... you're the only one who knows I can sing." Happiness filled my heart as I stared at her. Ciana's gold eyes finally lifting to my own.

I gripped the gift in my hand, and continued looking into the eyes; the only eyes that mattered. 

I bowed down on one knee, pulling the ring out of my pocket and Cia gasped.

"This is a human thing, but I suspected you'd like it- very much." I told Ciana. "Have you heard of it before?" Too shocked to say anything, my mate just nodded. I took a deep breath, my final decision wrapping around my heart.

"Will you marry me, Boo?"

"I-" Ciana choked, joy exploding across her face, "By the Mother, I shouldn't be crying so much- yes, Az. I want to marry you. I'll be your mate, fried, lover and wife. I promise as such."

A citrine gemstone was encircled with little opal pearls with a golden band holding it together. I slid the ring onto Ciana's finger, and we grinned under the stars, as something shot across the sky.

Meteor shower. Little sparks of colour flaming through the sky, blazing and burning bright colours.

"I love you, Az." Ciana whispered, her hand, now with a ring on it, snaked around my own.

"I love you too, Cia." I whispered, and we together watched the display opening up before us.

A/N:

Hey guysssssss !!

I think you can tell by how short it is what that means... A Court of Nightmares and Rejects is officially finished. Thank you for commenting and voting, I've loved making this alongside you all

ilovepineapple16 xx