Chapter Twenty Five

I reassured the people we hadn't seen the day before that I, was indeed, alright. Though, the smirks my family gave us were starting to get irritating, with the bond so bright between Az and I, so new.

He recovered quick enough for the day of Winter Solstice.

I finished off whatever touches of accessories I thought I needed while scowling at the mirror. It all started off with that stupid mirror reflection of that disgusting, skinny girl who had no happiness or light inside of her whatsoever.

How the tables have turned, as I looked in the reflection; really looked, and didn't immediately feel disgust at what I saw, didn't feel shame of who's daughter I was, of who's hands had been where, of what scars happened when and why, or any of that blasted shit. I was new; I was a different person, with a new story.

I admired the way my golden eyes glowed, the way my skin was a light tan, my hair shining with health, my dress clung to me, and no rib showed, no scent of blood in the air, no smell of pain or terror.

I grinned, and for once, confidence sparkled in my face as I turned away. I'd made sure Az didn't sneak into my room today, though he'd definitely grumbled about my statement on it, before reluctantly agreeing after a few helpless kisses and calming words. It didn't stop him from 'shadow-speaking' to me every second hour, to make sure I was eating, getting enough air and, well, alive. 

It was an hour before we were all expected to arrive together at the townhouse, and I already had my clothing and face sorted. I looked to the ceiling, taking a long breath - one that didn't require much of my ribs getting too badly hurt - and let my shadows encase me. I strode over to the door, holding my shoes in my hand as I exited, making sure to track the corridor before darting out and smoothly make my way down to the middle, before lightly knocking. Still casting nervous glances over my shoulder as I did so.

A click, then, "Please don't tell me you've just killed somebody, because how guilty you look right now is making me a bit worried." I blinked, before smiling in amazement. Mor wore her usual red dress, but had casted her hair into a low, braided bun that twisted and curled at every strand, pinned against her head delicately and dancing with brighter light in the eerie gold of the late afternoon. "Mor you look lovely," I commented, before adding, "And no, I haven't killed anyone."

"You've covered yourself from us head-to-toe, so Mor's suspicions make sense." Feyre called out, reading a thick book while perched on the end of her mattress, her gown complete white, swathed in the finest fabric, and embroidered silver stitching of the Night Court's insignia around the hem. "Feyre, first off, happy birthday, also that dress is stunning." I told her, making my way over to sit next to her, my shadows peeling away at last. She blushed, dipping her chin, "Thank you, I-" She stared at me, and I frowned, waving my hand gently in front of her. "Feyre, are you alr-"

"You're beautiful, I don't know how many times you'll get told that tonight by Az, but please do remember I said it too." I grinned, and Feyre matched it. Morrigan sighed, closing the door, but immediately opening it again. "More guests, it seems." Mor announced, then said to whoever was at the door, "Make yourselves comfortable."

Elain and Nesta strode inside, Nesta wearing a dark ruby dress that showed off every angle of her body, yet covering her skin perfectly, her face remained a cool calm, and it added to what felt like a queenly figure. She had crystals embedded in a necklace going around her throat, and a twin bracelet on her wrist. Elain wore baby pink, with a flower garland of pink and yellow flowers weaved into her hair, golden assets clinging onto her skin. 

"Archerons, always looking the part." Mor grumbled, I couldn't help but agree as the three sisters took in each other with a blissful smile, peace between each of them. Mor strutted over to the mattress, discarding her shoes on the floor and taking hold of my unbound hair. I yelped in surprise, but she tugged back in response, "This year no one is just doing nothing with their hair." 

And that was that.

I never though I'd fit in so well with these four females, but by the time we were outside the townhouse door, I felt as though I'd known them my whole life.

"Rhys already took the presents here, for anyone wondering." Feyre explained. I blinked, I'd completely forgotten about those, by the Mother, I was so lucky Rhysand had taken care of that. For some reason, nerves battled my senses, and I shifted weight from foot-to-foot. I can't mess this up, I was beginning to fit in, I can't mess up now-

I can feel your panic Boo, whatever your thinking, you're safe. Right?

Yes, Az. I'm outside. 

That moment the door opened, and together we sauntered inside, ready to spend Winter Solstice with my family.

Blood doesn't matter in family. Family is the ones who have your back.

A/N:

Hey lovely people ! So this is reeeeeeeally short, but I gotta make some stuff a bit shorter, y'know ? I guess that's not fair after talking about how there was holidays coming up and then not posting for basically the whole first week, just I didn't have my computer and we left. Also, another update; they're talking about possible lockdown again, because (Btw I live in NZ), the Auckland Delta has spread, so Waikato and a few other places went into Level 3, but it is spreading out of those borders, which means no one is entirely safe. Getting my 2nd vaccine tomorrow so I'm hopefully alright ! 

Also OH MY GOSH !!! I HAVE 1.5K !!! I ONLY HAVE LIKE 6 FRIENDS IN REAL LIFE, AND I'VE BEEN GAINING A FEW VIA WP, NOW I ALSO HAVE A LOT OF VIEWERS ON THIS STORY THANK YOU SO MUCH I AM SO DAMN HAPPY RIGHT NOW MY HEART 🥰🥺 YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST I LOVE YOUUUUUU ALSO I CAN'T SEE VOTES AND COMMENTS FOR SOME REASON BUT IDM YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME NONETHELESS !!!!! <3 <3

Everyone stay safe !! Vote and comment <3

ilovepineapple16 xx