Chapter twenty six - Azriel's P.O.V

The moment she walked in I was glad I was sitting on the armchair; I would've dropped to my knees at the sight I saw.

A dress of royal blue hugged my mate, silk fabric wrapping around her shoulders, chest and middle before pooling into skirts, mixed with chiffon fabric the same colour. Gold stitching circling the bottom, which rested inches above the ground, sparkling slippers on her feet. Golden eyes bright, more obvious with the kohl lining her eyes, cosmetics across her bronze-tanned face, and cheeks a soft pink. Bronze hair in curly waves down her back, on either side a fancy braid being pulled together to meet, golden star combs pushed into her hair. Shadows whirring around her to finish.

Ciana never truly understood how much of a rare beauty she was. How much it shocked me to see her every damn time. The golden chains clasped onto her skin glowed with radiance, and I couldn't help admiring the fact the fabric was skin-tight, what it made me think of.

Apparently my brothers were thinking the same, because Mor and Amren let out a collective groan, before the latter said, "This year I really need to be telling you all to rein it in, this is disgusting." Rhysand chuckled, Nyx on his lap with his little babe-face scrunched up in confusion, wearing the exact same clothing as Rhys. Feyre wadded over to her mate, swiping her son into the air, the little boy giggled as he swayed, before Feyre seated herself in his earlier position, and Nyx now sat on her. Rhysand wrapped his arms around his family, joy shone in his eyes, and he deserved every second of happiness he could get.

Nesta smirked at Cassian, sticking to Elain's side, even when he offered a sultry smile. Teasing. I realised. Mor and Amren sat in the corner, picking through various bottles of wine, I didn't really care about that at this moment. I watched Ciana swallow, before making her way hesitantly towards me.

I've missed you, why do you look so shy to see me? I joked, Cia rolled her eyes, her shoulders obviously relaxing. Before she could protest I snaked my hands around her waist, pulling her towards me to sit. Ciana lay her head against my shoulder, and together we assessed the people around us, two Spymasters, through and through.

The scent of cinnamon, wildflowers and rain buried itself up my nose as I rested my cheek against my mate's head, savouring the moment while I could. Cassian leaned forwards from where he sat, hand splayed out to get the wine, but it disappeared. I moved my gaze, immediately seeing the same bottle in Rhys's hand. "Asshole." Cassian muttered, before widening his eyes upon seeing a scowling Feyre, still clutching her son and he corrected, "Twit? Is that better? Prick? Jackass?"

"Mother help you and Nesta when you have children." Elain murmured, Nesta's face turning red with laughter threatening to bubble from her lips. "Every year, Cass." Mor sighed, making a big show of rubbing her temples, "Every year."

"This year, I'm skipping arguments with Mor." Cassian replied, then said to us all collectively, "Should we do presents now?"

"Impatient much, Cass. Sure, of course." Rhysand replied, clicking his tongue, and Nyx clapped with excitement and glee.

Mor went first, throwing random clothing at everyone, mainly jumpers. I managed to catch two fuzzy lime towels, and then a pair of grey woollen socks. "Here you go." I told Ciana , putting them on her lap, she chuckled, "Am I going to carry everything?"

"Only if you want to." I replied, grinning, I could almost sense her eye roll. "Woah!" Nyx gasped, and I strayed my eyes over to him, Mor had handed him an easy puzzle set, Illyrian wings on the face. "Ouch, I'm hurt that my son takes priority." Rhys said jokingly, managing to put a hand to his chest while having two people sitting on him, their gifts deposited to the side of them, Mor gave a shit-eating grin, "What can I say, I've favourites."