Chapter 205 (Part 1 & 2)

Start from the beginning

Everybody was stunned by Liu Chang's sudden behavior, and Ye Ci was no exception. Liu Chang's mother creased her eyebrows. She was about to call out to Liu Chang but decided against it. "This child..." mumbled Liu Chang's mother after a short while, and she turned towards the father of Dong Yin, "Old Dong, I hope you don't mind."

Ye Ci could no longer hold herself back. She pushed her chair aside and stood up, "I'm going to the toilet as well." and she followed after Liu Chang.

The adults were chatting away happily and paid Ye Ci no heed. However, Yi Cang and Dong Yin were wearing tensed expressions on their faces, as if they had just lost their parents. Ye Ci did not even pay any attention to the duo. She did not expect that she would lose her cool. She could not bear to stay in the same room with the people she despised. It was as if the room was filled with a deadly virus that will kill her if she stayed any longer.

Ye Ci spotted Liu Chang was leaning against a pillar upon leaving the compartment, and the latter waved at her.

Ye Ci walked up to Liu Chang and laughed, "Aren't you going to the toilet? Why are you still here?"

"I'm waiting for you." Liu Chang shrugged, as if it was the most natural thing in the world.

This triggered a laugh from Ye Ci, "How did you know I will leave the room as well?"

Liu Chang slung her arm over Ye Ci's shoulder and smiled, "Who am I? I'm Liu Chang! Why wouldn't I know what you're thinking about? Heh, with me gone, will you stay in that place?"

Liu Chang was correct about Ye Ci. "What's with you today? Yi Cang's words were directed at me, and I'm not even angry, but you've already talked back against him."

Liu Chang snorted coldly, "That guy disgusts me. I feel that my lifespan will be shortened if I don't talk back."

"Did something happen?" asked Ye Ci, who sensed that something was wrong.

Liu Chang who appeared to be deeply troubled let out a long sigh, "I feel disgusted just by talking about it."

"Come on, stop beating around the bush." by then, the two already entered the washroom. They had no real intention to use the toilet. After washing their hands in front of the mirror, they left.

"It's not that I don't want to tell you, but I don't even know where to start! It's really pissing me off." anger was written all over Liu Chang's face.

"What happened?"

"Do you still remember my grandma's little house?"

"Yup! We used to play there a lot. Didn't it get torn down in favor of building some shop plots? Why are we talking about that?" Although Liu Chang's grandma has passed away for years, Ye Ci could still remember the kind old lady clearly. She was someone loved by the children in her neighborhood. She had always liked having children around, and would never scold them even if they made mistakes. She would even treat Ye Ci and Liu Chang to some snacks whenever they played at her house. Unfortunately, the kind lady was ravaged by a serious illness, and passed away even after Liu Chang's family expended their wealth in an attempt to cure her illness.

No matter how beautiful something was, it will never be able to stand against the test of time, and would crumble into dust.

"Yup! That's exactly the case!" Liu Chang snorted, appearing to be angered, "Do you know that Yi Cang's grandma had a house in that area as well?"

"Ah, I didn't know that!" Ye Ci stared at Liu Chang, "So what does it have to do with you?"

"I know, right?" Liu Chang's gritted her teeth in anger, "Some people in this world can put two completely irrelevant things together. Don't you think that's some talent?"