Flashback Three

Erin's POV
The dog comes closer, growling, white foam frothing from its open jaw. Its teeth are sharp and white, and soon other dogs matching its anger and viciousness join it, encircling me with snappy jaws and growls. Shouts begin to erupt as they all bite my ankles, their teeth setting and the jaw locking. I scream in pain until they are removed and dark eyes look into mine.
"Its fine, they've been injected with a serum to calm them down." The boy is Dauntless, sixteen. "My name is Tobias."
"Erin." I reply. He grins, offering me a hand and helping me up.
"Good to meet you, Erin. Why are you on Dauntless compound, how old are you -" he gets cut off by Eric.
"Erin why are you here? You're not meant to be out alone, you're 14 for gods sake!" He says, shaking me the shoulders and then hugging me.
"Eric I'm fine. I'm just terrified, you know what happened last time I was around a dog and that was just a Labrador in a simulation. I passed out and almost died due to the fear brought on, this was fucking terrifying."
"Watch your language little sister. Why are you out alone?"
"Needed some peace. Lost track of time. It won't happen again." I don't lie I just don't tell the whole truth.
"Be safe." Eric says. "Tobias, take her back to Erudite. Get her to a nurse and explain what happened." He orders.
"He's like the same age as you, you can't order him around like that." I protest, but Tobias just shrugs and leads me gently by the shoulders back to Erudite.
"Be more careful." He says as he walks us in, ignoring all the strange looks as my legs give way. He catches me and carries me to the hospital wing. He explains what happened and my parents come rushing in, angry until they see my bites, infected, deep, and big. Major blood loss. They look smug until they catch Tobias's look and then pretend to be concerned. "Definitely be more careful." His lips ghost my ear as he whispers to me, and then he's gone. I fall asleep hearing dog howls all through my dreams...