Chapter Three - More Training and A Kiss

Erin's POV
"First jumper." Four yells. I look up along with Will. "You too are fighting." He yells. "In the ring." He snaps. Will looks at me apologetically. I shrug. "Fight." We get into stance and Will goes for the first move. I duck and jab his throat, he chokes a bit and I take the opportunity to headbutt him, breaking his nose. He swings a punch, blinded and I duck and dodge instantly. He grunts in pain as I kick his feet out from under him. I then pin him down, straddling his waist and punch in his temple. He goes out like a light. I get up and personally carry him to the infirmary. I've got another fight after lunch, we all do. I go into the room again and let out a few tears where only Christina knows and can see. She kisses my forehead before she goes up against Molly. Al takes her place comforting me.
"Come on Chris!" I say, surprising everyone, including myself. Molly punches and Chris takes a leaf from my book, dodging. She kicks Molly in the side, causing Molly to curse. Molly punches Christina, this time making a connection, dislocating her jaw and knocking her to the ground.
"Remember, no-one concedes." Eric yells out, reminding us of yesterday's rules. Molly gets on top of her and begins beating her bloody. After a few minutes of this Chris yells out that she's done.
"I'm done. Stop, please." She's wheezing and her voice is sore. A few tears streak down her face.
"Did you say you need to stop?" I know Eric. His soft voice, meaning there's a punishment. Four leaves the room, muttering.
"Yes." Christina rasps. Not a good time for honesty, Candor. Eric helps her up, before leading us all to the chasm. "Hang from the edge." He says.
"What?" I exclaim.
"Its fine." Christina.
"No you just fought. I'll do it instead." I say, which makes Eric double-take. He shrugs it off.
"OK." He says. I swing my legs easily over the railing, and drop down till I'm holding off the edge. "Ten minutes." He yells. Chris begins to sob after a minute. My hand slips and I flip round, hanging on by my feet, so much worse for my height fear. I suck it up, hyperventilating but not letting go.
"Time." Four says, walking into the Chasm suddenly. "Its been ten minutes." He adds. I flip upwards and Chris and Al run forward pulling me up, Will and Myra calming me down from my hyperventilation stage. I breathe deeply before shoving Eric. Just then, Peter slips. I'm not a fan, but he cant die. I jump, grabbing his wrist ei my hand and the railing with my knees. I scream in pain as I pull him up before he helps me over. He looks at me confused, but I shrug. Conscience is a funny thing.

Fours POV
Erin shoves Eric and Peter 'slips'. I push him slightly, to see what will happen. Erin jumps, grabbing his wrist with her hands and the railing with her knees. She pushes him up and he helps her back over. He looks confusedly at her, but she just shrugs. Conscience. Everyone leaves the Chasm except me and Erin.
"You were very brave, especially taking Christina's place." I say to her.
"I shouldn't have. I'm meant to be brave, not kind or selfless." She says, shaking slightly. I hug her close, calming her down, hopefully.
"It takes selflessness to be brave all the time, Ri." I say, her crystal eyes then looking up into mine.
"It takes kindness to be selfless." She replies.
"It takes intelligence to be kind." I retort.
"It takes honesty to be intelligent." She answers.
"It takes bravery to be honest." We say together. I don't know why, but I lean in. Our lips meet softly, and mold together for a moment before I pull away. I rest my forehead on hers.
"I'm sorry Ri." I murmur.
"Its OK." She touches her lips carefully. I sigh.
"Come on. You better go to your room." I say. I wish she could stay.
"Can I move from Eric's to the dorm?" Erin asks. I shrug.
"You'd have to share a bed."
"Will, Al and Christina won't mind sharing." Ri shrugs.
"I suppose. I'll come with you to get your stuff." I say. She smiles, pretending the kiss never happened. Why can't I forget it? What's so different about her?

Erin's POV
I smile, trying to forget the kiss. He acts like he has. Why can't I? We walk down to Eric's room, ignoring the stares as he walks so close to me its like he's trying to protect me. We walk into the room, thankfully its empty, and I grab my other Dauntless clothes I got last night. I pack them into a bag, along with a necklace of mine that Eric took off me. Its simple, a black chord, with a blue star pendant. Zach made it. The pendant, if you suck on it, will quench your thirst. We leave, my head up, looking confident but feeling so small.
When we are outside the dorms, I stop him.
"Four..." He turns to look at me, smirking.
"Yes, Ri?" I bite my lower lip subconsciously.
"If you get the chance, beat the crap out of Eric for me." I say softly, not meeting his hard gaze or his cold dark eyes. He pushes my head up softly, making me look into those dark brown orbs. Beautiful.
"It'd be my pleasure. But please stop biting your lip, its driving me crazy." He replies, his voice slightly raspy. I smile and go into the dorms, ignoring everyone's stares. I ignore the tears that roll down my cheeks as I remember that I knocked Will out. We're currently on a lunch break, and Christina and Al come over to me.
"Why are you moving here?" Al asks.
"I'm not staying with Eric. I can't." I reply.
"Why not? There's no space here." Christina says, softly.
"I'll share with you, or Al, or Will. And I can't live in the same room as my older brother, its ridiculous." I reply quietly, I don't want everyone to know.
"You can share with Will. He'll let you, everyone thinks you're dating anyway."
"Don't worry, Chris, he's all yours." I wink, making Al laugh. Just as Al's laughter dies down, Peter walks over to us.
"Erim, can I talk to you in private?" He says, sounding slightly dazed. I shrug and follow him to the other side of the dorms.
"Yes, Peter?"
"Why did you save me, at the Chasm, earlier?" Oh.
"Well, I don't care who someone is, whether I like them, dislike them, hate them, love them, I won't let anyone die if I can do something to stop it." I reply, choosing my words carefully. I go back to Christina and Al, and Four comes I'm.
"Everyone in the Pit." He snaps. I swear he's bipolar. We all go down to the Pit, mores specifically the bags again.
"Again?"I sigh, just before Will comes into the room. He walks right over to me and hugs me.
"Hey Erin." He whispers, releasing me.
"Will, I'm so sorry." I murmur as Four shows us certain punches and kicks.
"Its alright, you had to do it." He shrugs.
"Can I stay in your bed with you, I've moved out of Eric's room."
"What's he done now?"
"Ask Christina about the Chasm." I say, my jaw setting.
"Alright, let's go." Four yells, snapping us out of the conversation. I go over to my bag, before practicing my kicks and keeping core tension while I'm punching. Edward seems pretty good fighter. So does Peter. Hmm. Erudite and Candor.