It Still Hurts

So.

Izuku Midoriya did it. Precious mama's boy Izuku Midoriya. Innocent novice Izuku Midoriya. Must be protected Izuku Midoriya. Could never hurt a fly Izuku Midoriya. Nearly beat a man half to death.

Is this how Y/N feels when she attacks someone who hurt the people she loves? He thought in question, walking up the street to his apartment complex.

The male didn't know how to feel. He felt angry, there was so much anger. It scared him how furious he felt. You told him not to copy you, but in the end, he still took a page from your book. Izuku might have killed him.

Maybe not that dramatic. Kacchan would've been more likely to do the deed. Even so, it was weird. There something else on top of that anger.

Was it sadness?

Regret?

Fear?

Something ate away at his mind while he assaulted the man. Izuku couldn't put his finger on the feeling.

Suddenly he sensed he was at the door of his home. Taking out his keys, he shakily opened the door. Inside the lights were still on, he could quietly hear his mother moving around in the kitchen. Not that he was trying to, Izuku tiptoes through the entering hall before running into his mom holding a pot of food.

"Oh Izuku I didn't hear you come in." She said with that always soft and bright face, which he too shared with her. "How was school."

"It was . . . fine." He said. "Just fine."

Of course he had forgotten what a terrible liar he was. Especially to his mother, who noticed the black cloud that surrounded her son's body. She scurried to the table setting the pot down before coming back to him.

"Izuku, what's wrong?" Inko asked placing her hand on his face.

"I'm fine mom, I'm okay." He said reaching to remove her hand before she grabbed it.

"You know you can't lie to me Izuku. I can always tell." She retorted as he swallowed hard. "Tell me what's wrong."

Izuku looked away blinking back tears, shaking his head furiously he started to sob. "Y/N hurt herself last night, now she's in the hospital."

Inko's eyes widened at his words. "What? Why? What happened? Why would she do that to herself?"

The tears started to stream down his face as he tried to collect his words. "Sh-she kept her feelings bottled up for too long." He started through sobs. "So many things hurt her growing up, and she refused to have people help. Then something triggered her last night. Now she-"

His mother reached up to his shoulders softly pulling him towards the couch. Izuku fell into the cushions still crying. Inko sat next to him watching him sob.

"She's the one of the strongest people I know. I've seen things bother her but, I never thought she could break." He considered. "Why is it always the strongest people that get hurt the most?"

Inko stroked his back softly sadly watching break. "Izuku listen to me." She started. "I know it hurts seeing her like this. But I need you to think of it this way. The human mind is like a muscle. In order for it to get stronger it goes through some pain. You lift weights, you exercise, endure gruesome training with Y/N. And always you come home in pain, in that moment you regret the decisions you made leading up to it. But in a few days or a week you notice that your strength is greater than before."

Her son nodded wiping his nose sniffling at her words. "The human mind is the same way. Y/N went through some pain and in the end became the strong individual she is now. But remember just like the human body there are some sensitive parts. If abused too much can really injure a person, or in Y/N's case, trigger a reaction."