Sports Festival

"I still can't believe you went there." Aizawa said as you were helping him down the stairs. "I could've lost you."

"You're the one wrapped like a mummy, I turned the monster to ashes." Your retort made him scoff as you sat him down at the couch.

Sibyl jumped up and sat next to him, he laid his head on Aizawa's lap.

"Still, thank you for saving me and those kids." He responded softly.

"Of course the one with glasses sounded worried, not mention my Broccoli Boy was in danger so I had to go and help anyway."

"Glasses? Oh Iida, he's the class rep, he has engines in his legs to help him run."

"No wonder he hit me so damn hard." You said scratching the back of your head. "That also explains the engine I heard before."

"He hit you?" Aizawa asked slightly peeved.

"Oh no, not on purpose, he was in such a hurry to get to the school that he bumped into me during my jog." You assured him.

He sat into the sofa satisfied with the answer. A heavy sigh left his lips as he relaxed. "I have to go back to class today."

Shock overcame your being. "Wait they're making you go back! What type of bullshit is that?"

"Watch your mouth."

Hey nah, look sleepy. Sibyl started.. She might be your daughter, but I ain't no pussy, so imma tell it to ya straight. You know good in hell well, you ain't got no business being at that school, looking like Tutankamen straight outta the tomb.

Aizawa looked over at you, who raised an eyebrow, and crossed her arms. He shook his head at you two.

"They're not making me go back, it's of my own accord. The UA Sports Festival is around the corner, and I need to be there to get them ready."

"Excuse me, but I am going to raise my blackness up a notch." You sucked in a deep breath before speaking. "I don't don't give a fuck if it's of your own accord. Their scaredy asses were able to hold their own against ashy boy and lil gangsta friends last week. Even before I got there. You aint finna have me sittin at home, while you're at work, all packed up with this fucking anxiety, afraid that sometin' even worse might happen to you. My ass was scared enough, seeing your arm fucking decaying, like goddam Big Mac that been left on the counter for a week an a half. I already lost my first daddy, if I fucking lose you, All Might won't even stop my wrath. Cuz best believe, all of Japan is gonna know what a mad black woman looks like."

With that you sat back, breathing heavily. All that anger and anxiety was released verbally, as your eyes stung threatening to cry. How could he do this to you, it was already hard enough seeing that monster hold him by his neck. Suddenly something nudged your face, it was Aizawa's bandaged arm.

"I get that you're worried about me, I know how nerve-wracking it is to make you sit at home while I go out like this." He said raising his arms a little. "But, those kids need me probably as much as you do. When I started this job, I told myself that whatever child proves themselves worthy, will get my full support. The way I show it is a bit questionable, but when they proved their worth to me, I promised to make them the best heroes I could make them. The same goes for you. Even if I were missing a leg, I will still drag myself wherever it takes, to make sure you become a hero Silvestor would be proud of. Okay?"

A pout formed on your face, as you nodded slowly. A knock was at the door.

"I'll go and get that." You said dejected.