The truth behind Lisa's past

Start from the beginning

She's right.

Nini Mandu. I guess that's Lisa's roommate. If I'm not mistaken.

There are still a lot more but Nancy is right. We should stop reading it.

"You're right but I need to tell her friends at least," I told Nancy and just right at the moment the E.R door opened.

Every one of us approached directly at the two people in their scrubs.

"Doc, how's my daughter?" Uncle asked. "Is she going to be okay?"

"Mr. Manobal, can I talk to you in private?" Said by the man whom uncle called 'doctor'.

Uncle nodded and the doctor instructed the nurse in the blue scrubs. "Tell them the updates,"

The nurse nodded.

The doctor guided my uncle and went inside a room.

I should not be bothered about them but I'm getting suspicious.

"The good news is that she will be fine. There's just a little fracture in her skull but it will soon heal just like before." The nurse explained and I cut her off.

"What do you mean before?" I asked again to make sure that I heard the words right.

"She has a huge fracture in the same area in her skull some years back. That's what we found in the x-ray. She must have hit her head now real hard which caused it to trigger." The nurse added.

Lisa have it before?

I looked at aunt who's still crying and I hugged her.

"What's gonna happen next?" I asked the nurse while pampering aunt.

"She's going to be fine after that, sir. It just needs some time for healing. The possibility of her waking up will be 2 to 3 weeks. All that matters is she's going to be fine. It's just mild. We will take good care of her. She's our boss' daughter. Also, everything we talked about and happened in here will always remain confidential." The nurse looked at aunt and bowed to us then she went inside the E.R.

I am bothered by uncle and the doctor talking in private. What are they talking about?

Lisa's instincts were right. She always rants to me that her parents are hiding something from her.

Probably the reason why Lisa has been deprived of privacy for years.

I am now curious about what really happened with Lisa before I met her.

I guided aunt to the bench near the E.R and let her sit and I sat next to her.

"Aunt," I said while looking at her.

"I wanna know the truth. What really happened to Lisa before I met her?" I asked directly.

Aunt let out a deep sigh and wiped her tears.

Nancy offered her more tissue and took it.

"Thank you, Nancy." She smiled at my lady.

"I'm just gonna roam around the hospital first. It seems like your family has a lot of mystery which I don't want to be involved in. I'm not being rude but I just don't want to meddle in your private talk. With that, I'm going to give you some privacy. I'll be back later," Nancy said bluntly.

"Don't worry. I don't tell." She smiled and winked at me.

Aunt and I both agreed and Nancy took off.