2|The God of Mischef

CURRENT TIME

You lived alone in an apartment, covering up your powers over the years. You had insisted that you wanted to live in a house alone, but the owner of the apartment complex insisted. She was quite nice. You just couldn't decline the kind offer from Summer.

Summer had always been there for you and knew all of your current secrets, but not your past. No one knew your past. Life had been more calm lately, except when you saw the clouds in the sky today. Something was happening with a new group called the Avengers, but you didn't care too much.

It was peaceful, but you heard a loud crash, and you jumped out of a chair, and set down the book you were reading. What could that possibly be? You rushed over to the door leading to your balcony. Living in New York had been nice up until this moment.

You saw ships and long and giant snake like things fall from a giant blue portal high in the sky. An army of aliens stomped over New York, and buildings came crashing down. You heard screaming and saw people running. A man in a gold and red iron suit flew off the ground. You identified him as Iron Man.

He was part of the newest superhero team, the Avengers.

"Hello." You jumped back as a male voice spoke in your apartment.

The dimmed lights made it so you couldn't see most of his facial features. But what you could see was a golden horned helmet and a gold and green colored armor on him. You looked at his longer hair and glowing eyes.

You stood up, walking toward the tall man who practically towered over you. "Who are you exactly? Also, you better get out of my apartment."

The man looked down at you with a smirk. "I'm Loki, God of Mischef. And I don't take orders from you, weak mortal. I'm here to take over New York."

You gasped, as he placed his hand around your neck.There was no way this god would get away with killing you. Fire poured out of your hands, and you kicked him off you, burning his hand. Loki yelped, falling to the ground.

"Who's a mortal?" You questioned, returning his smirk.

You were a "mortal", but you were no ordinary one.

What did his attack on New York even have to do with you?

Loki grunted, and quickly stood on his feet. "You're a special one, aren't you? I hope you don't mind if I take you for my army."

The attack on your city continued. The god stood very few inches away from you.

"How exactly?" You slightly laughed.

"I could use you to my advantage."

You stepped back. "If you can catch me."