003

They walked back to Hwayoung's dorm under the umbrella. Their shoulders were barely touching.
"Why'd you decide to read in the cafe instead of your dorm?" Hwayoung broke the comforting silence between them.
"Why did you decide to study in the cafe instead of your dorm?"
She looked straight ahead not considering answering his question if he wasn't going to answer hers. They walked for a few minutes before they reached her dorm. She stepped in front of him, a few feet away from the door, so he wouldn't get closer.
"No boys allowed," She smiled at him. He smiled back.
"Here," He handed her his umbrella.
"The door is right there," She pointed behind her with her thumb.
"Just take it," He ran in the direction they came in, with his hand above his face.
Hwayoung walked through the door. She closed the umbrella and put it with the others.
"KANGMIN!" Aejung yelled with a scoop of ice cream in her mouth. She sat at the dining table with dried-up tears on her face. After a couple of days, Aejung was finally letting all her feelings out. Gyuri and Seongja were comforting her. Hwayoung awkwardly walked to her room. She unpacked her things. She sat at her desk and started reading the paperback.

An hour later Hwayoung left her room to have dinner with everyone else.
"Does anyone have plans tomorrow?" Gyuri asked.
"No," Nari, Seongja, and Jiyoung said. Hwayoung and Aejung shook their heads no.
"I have work tomorrow," Yerin said.
"Okay then tomorrow we're having a movie night," Gyuri pointed at everyone minus Yerin. "Okay? No one can back out,"

Hwayoung was rushing to apply her makeup. She had forgotten that she and her friends made plans to hang out that afternoon. She didn't remember till she was about to fall asleep the previous night.
Hwayoung wore a floral dress on top of a white top with puffy sleeves.

Hwayoung rushed to the fridge to get the milk for her cereal

Hwayoung rushed to the fridge to get the milk for her cereal. She poured the milk and the cereal into a paper cup. She left her dorm and ate the cereal on her way to the mall.
"Hwayoung," Hwayoung's friend, Hayun, called her over.
"Minji said she would be running late and meeting us later," said Noori
"So it'll just be the four of us," said Seongjin.
They walked around.
"Have you met any cute guys at your university, Hwayoung," Hayun asked. She was trying to find her size in a shirt she liked.
"There's this one guy who's cute but I don't want to date him," She put emphasis on the don't.
"Do you want me to set you up on a blind date," She gasped. "I know the perfect guy for you."
"No thank you," Hwayoung found a shirt she liked and held onto it.
Hayun frowned.
"Noori~ tell her she needs a boyfriend," Hayun said in a cutesy way that Hwayoung and Seongjin found annoying and bratty. Hayun pouted her lips and wrapped her arms around Noori.
"Hayun, I'm not looking for a boyfriend right now,"
Noori pulled Hayun closer to himself.
"Hwayoung, come on Hayun met this guy she thinks you'll really like," Noori said.
"No," She deadpaned.
Hwayoung turned back to look at the other clothes. They walked around another store.
"I'm here," Minji gasped for air when she reached the group.
"Minji~, tell Hwayoung she needs a boyfriend," Hayun said in the same bratty voice.
"Sometimes I wonder why I'm still friends with you," Hwayoung said in a serious voice.
"How do you like your roommates?" Seongjin asked, trying to change the subject.
"They're nice,"
"Is that all?" He half-heartedly laughed.
"Um well, I don't get to see them often,"
"Hwayoung, stop studying so much and become friends with your roommates," Minji said. She held a shirt on its hanger pressed against her chest.
"We'll see," Hwayoung smiled at her. Hwayoung heard her phone ping. She took her phone out of her pocket and unlocked it. Jiyoung had texted her.
'buy snacks on your way home. I'll pay you back'
'okay. any specific snacks?'
Jiyoung texted back but Hwayoung didn't look at the response.
"Let's go to uncle's after here," Seongjin said with a smile.
"I can't. I made plans with my roommates," Hwayoung said.
"So you are becoming friends with them?" Hwayoung could see the stars in Minji's eyes.
Hwayoung stayed silent.
"Hwayoung~" Hayun pulled her arm. "Don't get too close to them. Or else you'll replace us," She whined.
"I won't replace you," She smiled at Hayun.
"There's the famous Hwayoung smile," Seongjin and Noori said together.

Noori, Hayun, and Hwayoung went to a nearby convenience store. Once they walked in, Hwayoung checked to see what Jiyoung had said earlier. She skimmed over the snacks till she saw what the rest said.
'aejung says one of her friends will be joining us'
She bought the snacks and Noori and Hayun dropped Hwayoung off at her dorm. When Hwayoung stepped out of the car Hayun and Noori did the same.
"What are you doing," She closed the car door.
"We want to meet your roommates." Hayun flashed her toothy smile.
Hwayoung rolled her eyes and led the way. She unlocked the door and turned to look at them. Hayun was shaking with excitement and Noori had his arms draped over Hayun's shoulders with his chin on her head. Hwayoung walked in before them. She took off her shoes. Hayun and Noori stayed close behind her. Hwayoung gasped loudly.
Jiyoung ran to her.
"What? Did something happen?" Jiyoung had panic in her voice.
"Dahee needs to meet with visitors first," Hwayoung said, pointing at Hayun and Noori.
Jiyoung looked at them and back to Hwayoung.
"Why didn't you tell me more people were joining," She walked back to the living room. They followed. Sitting on their couch were Aejung, Jisung, Changbin, Gyuri, and Seongja. Felix and soon Jiyoung were sitting on the floor in front of the couch. Minho had just come out of the bathroom. And Seungmin, Hyunjin, and Nari were in the kitchen.
"Why do you have so many roommates?" Hayun whispered into Hwayoung's ear.
"I don't," She whispered back. "I thought you said Aejung's friend was coming over,"
"Yeah, and he so rudely invited his friends without asking," Jiyoung made a face at Jisung that Hwayoung couldn't see.
"Does Dahee know,"
"Not unless someone tells," She made a threatening look at everyone.
"Who are they?" Seongja asked.
"Oh they're two of my friends," Hwayoung gestured towards Noori and Hayun. "That's Noori," She pointed upwards, "And that's Hayun," She lowered her finger to point at her. "And they won't be staying."
Hwayoung tried to push them towards the door.
"Hwayoung~ I want to meet your new friends," Hayun said in her bratty voice.
"No," She said in a serious tone.
"Hwayoung~"
She rolled her eyes and let them talk to her roommates and roommates' friends.
"Changbin~" Hayun ran up and gave him a hug.
Hyunjin walked up to Hwayoung.
"Are they your only friends," He asked.
"No,"
"Who are your other friends?"
"That's none of your business," She walked away and went to her room. She changed into a hoodie and leggings. She walked out and saw Hayun talking to Aejung, Seongja, and Gyuri and Noori talking to Hyunjin, Minho, and Changbin.
"How long have you known Hwayoung?" Hyunjin asked.
"They met in high school," Changbin answered.
"Noori, Hayun, it's time for you to go." Hwayoung raised her voice.
They heard a knock at the door. Hwayoung went to see who it was with Hyunjin close behind her. Through the peephole, she saw a boy around her age. Hyunjin tried to look through the peephole after Hwayoung but she opened the door.
"Hello, is Yerin here?" They asked.
"No she's not-" Hwayoung got cut off.
"Jeongin?" Hyunjin stood behind Hwayoung. She stepped out of the way to let Hyunjin move forward. Hwayoung went back to get Hayun and Noori. She grabbed Noori by the wrist and then Hayun. Hyunjin and Jeongin moved out of the way to let them out. They walked back to the car in silence.
"You can't come back here unannounced, okay?" Hwayoung said, mostly to Hayun.
"Okay," She pouted.
They said their goodbyes before Hwayoung went back to her dorm.

Noori started the car and drove towards Hayun's house.
"Wasn't that the guy I met?" Hayun said.
"Who?"
"The tall guy with the black hair,"
"Maybe,"
She shrugged it off.