- Chapter Thirty Three -

Another week went by. I heard Julia outside my place, contemplating on if she should knock before deciding against it.

Although tonight was different. A rap at my door rang out and as I opened it, Julia was stood there, head down and hands shoved into her pockets.

"Can I come in?" She glanced up at me and I stood back. "Thanks," she mumbled.

"Why?" I said as I closed my door.

"Didn't have a choice."

"Where have you been?"

"Parent's." She replied simply. "They won't let me leave unless it's to go to my apartment." She looks around taking in the room as if she hasn't been there many times before.

She was called by her mom again and apologised as she left. No kiss. No hug. Nothing. It stung.

A few more days went by and I built up the courage to give her a piece of my mind. I stood outside her parent's house. I pressed the buzzer and the door opened.

"Who are you wanting to get?" A man said. He squinted slightly when he realised who I was. "I'll go get her." He nodded and I stood awkwardly.

"What can I do for you... Eden." Julia paused when she saw it was me at the door. "You can't be here."

"You're right about that." Another voice beamed and Kira appears from behind her. "My fiancée wants nothing to do with you. You're so beneath us." She grinned as I walked towards them.

"I just need to talk to Julia, privately." I commanded and Kira scoffed before walking towards me and clenched her hand around my wrist. "Didn't think you touched those who were beneath you." I said and she grumbled.

"Kira, leave her." Julia said quickly. "Give us ten minutes. Please." She begged and Kira stormed off. Julia clasped her hand with mine and pulled me to a guest room. "What?"

I look into her eyes, everything I wanted to tell her flew out my mind. Without thinking I crashed my lips against hers, praying for her to react. It was almost instant as she groaned into my lips. Her hand moved to my stomach and slipped under my shirt.

She pulled away with fear in her expression, "Fuck. I can't. No."

"Explain." I replied breathily. "This is unfair on me Julia, don't you get that? I am in the dark."

"I'm in a forced marriage." She leaned against the door. "All I want is to be with you but..." she looked at me with guilt.

"But what, Julia?"

"They're waving your reputation in my face. They have people digging information up about you." Tears threatened to fall onto her soft skin. All I wanted to do was kiss her senseless. "What if we stay together in secret? I need more time with you."

"The charity ball. I'm still coming as your assistant. We'll have time there and it won't be suspicious." I proposed and she nodded to herself.

"This is why I like you. I'll send you the dress. Please hold on for me, love. I didn't want to do this." She said and kissed me one last time before slipping out the room.

I smile bitterly and leave her place.

Audrey showed up. "You did what?!" She yelled at me. "You did exactly what I told you not to do!"

Sara stood next to her looking between us confused, "what did she do?"

"She saw Julia."

"She doesn't hate me." I grin. "She wants us to see each other in secret."

"Oh well that's lovely isn't it- you have your dad to worry about, Eden." Audrey rested her hands on her hips. "You're gonna throw away the cure for your dad's illness because of some girl you've been with for, what, a month? They could make sure he can't even get treatment."

I know what she meant. It was selfish of me. But it was worth a try. Julia would help as much as she could if anything happens anyways.

"They fucked." Sara blurred out. "Kira and Julia had sex while we were here. I found out a couple days ago. I'm sorry."

"Oh." I said small. "It's fine, technically we aren't together. She has a fiancée didn't you hear." Anything that makes me sleep at night.

"I don't want you getting hurt." Sara rested a hand on my shoulder. We both knew she was the one that's hurting.

"I most definitely will." I sigh and went into my place before I blacked out on my couch.

The next morning I woke up with Sara next to me on the floor. There was empty bottles around us. I sat up and clutched my head before attempting to stand up.

"Woah, oh my god!" I heard her gasp. "Why are you naked?"

"What?!" I yelped and looked down at her.

We were both naked. Why are we naked?

"Did we?" She looked at me mortified.

"I don't know." We stated silent. "I mean it makes sense, right?"

She nodded confused. "Can you remember anything?"

"No can you?"

"I mean I think I have a few foggy memories but I thought it was a dream."

"You dream about having sex with me?"

"What! No?" She slumped onto the ground and I avoid looking at her chest. "Well this is awkward."

I nod and we both jump when the door went. I looked through the peephole. "It's Julia." I whispered to Sara who paled and grabbed her belongings before she ran to my room. I finally opened the door, shielding my body from the outside world.

"Hey, love." She smiled and walked into the living room, kissing my head as she did. "Why are you naked? What happened here?"

"I don't remember. One second I passed out on my couch the next I wake up and I'm naked on my floor." I say quickly, with so much confusion.

She frowned slightly, "was anyone here with you?"

"No! No of course not. Which is why you can tell I'm very confused."

"You strip in your sleep." She said quietly.

"I what?"

"I used to have to dress you again." She smiled and pulled me into a hug. "I've got the dress for you by the way."

———————————————————————
This is such a fun mess. I love it