Elias was more like a wolf, harsh and rough. If he sees a prey, he will pounce on it to devour without hesitation. He didn't bother with the games like his brother and would kill someone with brute force in one move. Though, he can be grimmer and crueler than his brother because he had a nasty temper.

In short, you don't want to cross any of them.

Iris forced another bite.

"You have not been getting enough sleep," Jasper pointed out, observing her dark circles, which were getting clear every passing day. He let out an aggravated sigh. Neither of them wanted to see her in a pitiful state. But she needs to get used to living here.

"I-I can't sleep," she softly spoke. "Why?" Elias urged. Iris looked at him and turned away, ashamed. "I-I need my s-soft toys to sleep," she was embarrassed to admit the fact. She relied on the comfort of her toys more than she would like to admit. They bought her a sense of security and comfort.

Their eyes soften at her crestfallen look. Somewhere they believed after the death of her parents. She used soft toys and fictional characters to feel the comfort and emotions she used to feel with her parents. They provided her warmth. A child in her craved that warm feeling of being cuddled a lot.

"We will have them brought back from the apartment," Jasper informed, taking a sip of orange juice. Iris looked at him, surprised by his words. She didn't expect him to do this. She thought they would laugh at her and mock her for being a grown adult, yet couldn't sleep with soft toys and plushies.

"We would never do that," Elias grunted with a scowl like he had read her mind. "Thank you," she whispered. They continued the lunch in silence.

Iris wiped the corner of her mouth with the napkin. She dropped her hand to her lap. "Can I leave," she asked. Jasper frowned seeing she had barely taken five bites out of her plate. But he knew if he urged her more she would rebel, leading them to get angry more. He didn't wish to hurt her. Not yet.

"We are also done," Elias adjourned. She got up, yearning to go back to the library in the solace of the books. Iris turned to head walking back as Jasper grabbed her by her wrist, yanking her close enough her nose hit his muscular chest. "Ouch," she grumbled, rubbing her nose.

His mind thought a lot about her. He observed how quiet she was growing every day passing. She tried her best to avoid them and hid in the room. Did the naive little girl think this was enough? Such measly tricks were going to keep their claws off her.

Then she was an innocent lamb. That they were thoroughly going to devour. 

"Since you want to leave that badly. How about we give you a chance to leave," Jasper murmured over the crown of her head. Iris looked up at him, her doe eyes shining dimly with a faint glimmer of hope.

It was going to break.

Jasper's eyes softened, he caressed her hair. "Take a walk with us," he gently grabbed her hand. Elias walked beside them. "The maze over here," Jasper showed her beautiful flower maze, the wall built with fresh green grass veils and more flowers.

 "The maze over here," Jasper showed her beautiful flower maze, the wall built with fresh green grass veils and more flowers

"One of the very planned sections of the castle," he praised the layout. He turned to look at his sweetheart. "You can enter the maze. If you escape the maze you can leave," he lazily spoke. "But--

"--Three hours is your limit," Elias completed his sentence. "Three hours and if you are not out of the maze, you get to stay here and not be allowed to mention leaving again," he said, silky. Though his eyes were glowing menacingly as if even speaking theoretically of her leaving brought immense pain to him.

Iris lowered her eyes, contemplating the situation. "If I get out. You will allow me to leave. No added terms and conditions." a fiery light of determination bubbled in her. "No terms and conditions," Jasper chuckled, amused by the sudden boost of determination.

"Okay, I will enter the maze," she spoke determinedly. She would do anything to leave. They had shone her a thread of freedom, and she immediately grasped falling right into their web of lies and tricks.

"Go on. I will start the clock," Elias motioned her to enter. "Three hours and if you don't get out, we will come to fetch you," Jasper concluded, seeing her watch enter the maze.

One and half hours they watched Iris struggle from the circular doomed balcony made with limestone. A sly, dark smirk made up the devious handsome faces. Elias leaned back in the chair, twirling his glass of red wine while Jasper smoked a cigar.

Poor girl didn't know there was no exit made for the maze.

---

Iris frowned. Was this the section she was in fifteen-minute ago? She had not realized she was moving in a circle. The maze was built tentatively; everything looked the same, tricking the minds of wanderers. Her fist clenched in frustration and anger. Anger that she couldn't even get out of a measly maze.

She heaved in desperation. 

Walking for nearly three hours straight without a break her legs had started to give up. They ached badly. Her breathing had become heavy, she was feeling thirsty.

She gulped, trying to satisfy her dry throat. Iris was growing tired. The woman was weak, to begin with, and now she was at her limit.

"Tired?" a voice taunted from behind. Jasper was standing behind her. She let out a surprised gasp. Her heart couldn't take them sneaking onto her now and then.

Iris shook her head. She looked like a lost puppy. His heart ached at the scene but he felt good.

"Three hours are over," he smiled at her as he watched her face fall in the pain of failing to escape. Aw, poor little thing. He smirked widen when he saw how she clenched her fist, trying to hold back the anger of losing the chance. Her eyes reddened as if she was on verge of tears.

"The exit is nearly impossible to find. You were close to it multiple times," lies flew out his mouth like nothing. He had mastered that skill to the utmost. He amusedly watched how disappointment flashed through her eyes. Everything about her was amusing.

"Now accept your fate," he cooed. Iris didn't bother to reply, she bit her lips, it felt as if he was mocking her. Not caring about her reply Jasper lifted her bridal style. Iris let out a yelp. "Put me down," she demanded but it came out as a dejection she had lost the fight in her voice.

Jasper chuckled at her seemingly stern voice. "Your legs must be tired. I am helping you as a gentleman," he righteously replied. Iris sighed; there was no retorting him back. She was tired. Jasper, on the other hand, enjoyed the feeling of carrying her. They needed to feed her more. She was light as a feather.

Accept your fate.

His words echoed her sluggish mind. 

To be continued...

Vote. Comment. Follow.