𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒳𝒳𝒳𝐼𝐼𝐼

Start from the beginning

We keep walking further into the camp to find the boss's tent. Just as we were about to check a tent, we hear giggles and... a horse? Jungkook and I snap our heads in the direction the sound came from and see two of the archaeologists we saw before.

"Act natural," I whisper to Jungkook and nods with wide eyes. 

"Oh, hey?" The girl looks at us.

"Hello," I bow to her.

"You both," she pauses coming closer to look at us, "I don't remember seeing you guys here. Can I see your ID's?"

"Sure," I show my forged ID to her.

"Oh," she raises her eyebrow, "Funny, I didn't see you anywhere when we setting the camp or when we were having dinner together."

"We were here, ma'am," I reply.

"Really?" She asks.

"Yes," I nod.

"Then can you tell me rule number 14 from our briefing?" She asks.

I gulp. Busted. I look back at Jungkook to see him slightly shiver, not sure if it was because of the cold or just fear.

"Hmm?" She encourages me to tell.

"Uh," I look around.

"Don't know?" She asks.

"N-not really," I stammer. Oh, fvck my life.

"I see," she nods, "It's a hard thing to remember all the rules. I'll ask a simple question — What is rule number two?"

I look back at Jungkook. He was sweating. I look back at her and gulp.

"Don't know?" She asks, "Ok," she chuckles, "Can you at least take me to your designated tent?"

"Okay," Jungkook says from behind me, "We'll take you."

I widen my eyes at him and he nods at me lightly.

"Okay, then," she steps back, "Lead the way."

Jungkook walks taking the lead and takes us to a tent. I raised my eyebrow at him and he just nods firmly. She hums unzipping the tent and looking inside. I peek inside to see that it's empty. I sigh out in relief. She looks around before inviting us in.

"Now," she looks at two bags on the floor, "Which one of these belongs to you?" She points at Jungkook. He looks at the two bags nervously. He points at the blue bag. 

"Okay," she picks the bag up, "I'm gonna open the bag and see inside. You're gonna tell me the contents of your bag."

He gulps visibly nervous and looks at me. I was helpless. This was the first time we ever got caught like this. 

"U-underwear," Jungkook stutters and she hums.

"Toothbrush," he says and she looks around the bag nodding.

"Clothes," he says and she hums.

"Flashlight," he says gaining confidence.

"What else?" She asks, "Nothing important?" I could see Jungkook visibly tense up again.

"Books," he says.

"Books?" She raises her eyebrow, "How many books?"

"Three," he randomly answers.

"Where's the third book?" She asks.

"I-I lost it," he replies.

"What are the two books in the bag?" She asks.

His eyes widen and waver. 

"Tell me," she encourages.

This is enough. I am tired of this. I usually don't go for violence but she is giving me no other option. Getting caught means several lives being ruined. They'll get dragged around by the government. I quickly pull out the gun on the guard's suit and pull the girl to me pointing the gun at her head, "Scream and I'll blow her brains off."

The guy who was watching us all before tenses, "Please, don't do this."

"I won't," I say, "If you keep your mouth shut."

"Yes, okay," he surrenders.

She squeals lightly. I push the gun further onto her forehead, "Keep quiet."

She whimpers.

"Okay, now," I look at the guy, "Keep your mouth shut and go back to wherever you came from. Tell someone about what happened here, I'll kill her. If someone comes searching for us, the first thing I'll do is kill her."

"Okay," he says, "Please don't hurt her or... touch her."

My eyes soften at his concern for the girl, "Is she your girlfriend?" I ask.

"No," he shakes his head, "Best friend."

"I promise I won't hurt her the way you're thinking that I will," I reply.

"Please, don't do anything to her," his eyes water.

"I won't," I slowly step back with her and jut my head to Jungkook to follow.

"Now," I whisper to her,

"Be a nice girl and show us the safe way out

"Be a nice girl and show us the safe way out."

1217 words

A/N- F in the comments for Jimin :(