˗ˋ 01

╭                                                                 ╮ ━━━  " 📂  " ‍

━━━  " 📂 " ‍..⃗. ༉

𝙁 𝙇 𝙄 𝘾 𝙆 𝙀 𝙍

! ep. 02 pt. 01 ─── ʚĭɞ

╰ ╯

╰                                                               ╯

There had been some tearful goodbyes as the group parted. Yoomi had not been one partaking in them, her expression remaining almost stony as she stepped through into the egg-shapes gateway.

Of course she felt some level of guilt about it; there were sobbing boys back there who felt as though their journeys were over before they had even begun. But she wasn't one of them regretting her performance, and that was the important thing.

Yuji was being paid to keep a serious expression and not let it slip. She would keep it that way, so that she could pay off her grandmother and not have to contact her ever again. And it made the people behind the shows lives easier, which would make her more money each episode.

Yoomi wasn't trying to be the villain, she would just naturally become the antagonist. People watching, whether abroad or in Korea, wouldn't appreciate the only female being closed off and would only popularise the show more, as people would want to see exactly what she was doing that was so bad.

And thus, she was to keep acting like she had been doing since she stepped through the mirror covered corridor and instantly garnered the attention of each and every participant, especially the ones that already knew her and couldn't quite comprehend how she had gotten there.

The egg gateway jolted into movement once everyone had entered, slowing turning around with the seventeen entries inside. She had a feeling that the number would be reduced very soon.

It opened up into a large room, thirteen seats surrounding the egg, a large dance studio behind a window, and a staircase by the wall.

Just as they stopped moving, above the window to the studio, thirteen flags fell on the screen, all of them staring up at it. The silhouettes shone down on them, ready to be taken by those who survived the first test, which they knew was looming, considering them going way over the number.

"A place where the most advanced idol stars are born." The system began to speak once again, and the group looked around. "This is I-Land." The group clapped, Yoomi's palms sticky as she slowly joined in.

They were bitter words to hear; she might be right there amongst the other trainees, but unlike them she has no chance at all at debut. The producers controlling her position on the show wouldn't allow her to get that far.

Behind them, the gateway. began to turn, and they all stared, waiting for them to be told why. A white light shone over it, crossing across as if it were scanning the brown shell

The screen around it began to play an animation, and they watched carefully. Then it turned dark, an orange light flashing over the egg.

"For all you who are dreaming of debut." The male voice said once again, as white lined images appeared on the screens. "I-Land will provide everything. Group practise room, personal practise room."

On the floor plan on the screen, certain rooms flashed different colours. "Recording studio, fitness center. Facilities all necessary for an idol trainee's needs. Accommodation equipped with a kitchen and bedrooms, an item room." With each new place announced, choruses of amazement could be heard - and confusion at the one just said. "A medical room and more."

Cheers rang amongst the group, all of them getting more and more excited for what was to come. Yuji made sure not to join it - that was part of the agreement as well, she needed to present herself as this tough outer shell to not only the other male trainees but the cameras all around them as well.

"All these are customised for only thirteen people, which is the capacity of I-Land." The initial excitement began to die at the words. "So only thirteen people can enjoy everything in I-Land." Images flashed on the screen, describing his words.

"Starting now, in order to match the capacity of I-Land, we will execute the next stage." The voice said, and several covered their mouths with their hands, jaws dropped.

"Only thirteen people can enjoy everything in I-Land." It repeated. "If you are not one of those thirteen people, you will be released to the ground, the space of dropouts. Starting now, in order to match the capacity of I-Land, we will execute the next stage. You will conduct another voting, to decided on the four members to be eliminated."

Gasps echoed around the room, shocked at the harsh reality set upon them.

"The elimination voting will proceed in two hours." The words came with the darkness leaving, returning with the much more light-hearted animation, which was overshadowed by the orange countdown on the egg.

In two hours, they would have to get to know everyone well enough to make a decision on whether or not they were good enough to stay in I-Land. And if Yuji knew anything about the producers of the show, they would want her to begin her process right that moment.

Without a doubt, she was going to be one of the four contestants leaving for the Ground.