22nd of May, year XXXX Time: 9:00-11:12

Start from the beginning

"Could you please stop for a moment? You are becoming a bumbling bastard for now." Scratching her neck and closing her eyes, she helped him up for a tick. "I can notice that, dammit." he said back, groaning at some parts of his numbing body.

"Alright then." Minute as it was, he regained his motor functions. Brushing off the soot and dust that dirtied his clothing, he questions "Where do we go now?" Tilting her head, she muttered "You brought us into this. And you should've known where we're travelling when I told you it's the second one."

Pacing back to the situation, he was baffled for a moment. Until the sentence clicked on the momentum of his thoughts. "Right, right. So, do you have any clues on how they were taken?"

"How the fuck would I get those? Some random guy being carefree and, oh I don't know, be stupid and letting one of his things fall down?" she joked about, continuing on. "'oH nO! mY gUn FeLl!'" she mocked on this imaginary caricature she made. 

The other laughed heartily, making his companion smirk. "Now, seriously though, what did you see?" Starting back up again to her serious mode, she replied "There're some portion of trail on the soil. Footprints shallow enough for us to follow, thankfully."

"You okay with guiding me for a bit?" Now it was Barbara's time to be flabbergasted. "Roger... You do realize what our relationship is, no?" He nodded, motioning his fingers with a cycle. "Yes! And since we have a back and forth cooperation, you should understand that you have no need to ask."

"I'd like to see if you're fine with it." Shrugging off, they now walk side by side. "Please tell me no if you are off-limits for it. I want to get your consent once in a while."

The silence came frequent but it was the comforting blanket on the dying lands. For some few seconds, it became akin that. When Roger was prancing around and going the wrong way, he abruptly moved to the other side. At least she did what he asked for. Breaking the ice and glancing below, the blacksmith voiced out "This one?"

"Yeah." she sighed out, a speck of annoyance in her voice. "Now we do the same thing again."

"We voluntarily do not want to get fucked by zombies and the Raptors. You realize the consequences."

"I know, I know..." Barbara paused. "Let's get a move on before my legs hurt and my brain melting." Whilst treading to where the trail goes, Roger hold out his hands to the plants. Some of them were withered and fell apart quick on his fingertips. The other few, they were living and dying, flimsy and stiff at other parts.

Barbara was tunnel visioning, keeping her head to the tracks and eventually made the blacksmith stumble over to follow her as near as he could. "How are these plants alive?" he whispered to himself, curiosity piqued.

...And crushed immediately when answered with "Radius bullshit. The farther it is, the more unaffected it becomes."

"So... Area of effect?" Rolling her eyes, she responds "Yeah, that one." Turning on the sonar again, there was a bitter sight. It was green. Direction? Five miles in front, fast approaching.