Precious To Me (Zeref)

Depuis le début

You never asked for his name, thinking it would be a sore subject for him.

"(First Name)...why do you live out here by yourself?"

You let out a soft laugh.

"Because I don't want to harm my family. I left them many years ago."

"How could you harm them? You're a kind and gentle person."

A small blush surfaced on your cheeks.

"Thanks, but as a child...I would kill when I didn't want to. I had no control over my own magic until I left to learn."

"And have you learned to control it?"

"Of course, but I enjoy the lifestyle I have here."

He remained quiet.

"Maybe one day I'll be like you...to control my magic."

"I'm sure you'll get there! A kind person like you will get there in no time."

You looked up at the clouds.

"We better get inside. It'll rain soon."

As you walked inside, the man watched you walk in with a sad smile.

"If only it were that easy."

~~~

You were alone now.

He had left after that night with a note saying that he wanted to keep you safe, someone who was precious to him.

Never would you think another person would find you precious.

Still, you never learned his name. It was a shame, but you had a feeling that one day he would come back and tell you.

As you spent your days helping animals and living, news got around of the return of Zeref.

Tartaros came around and you decided to move to a safer location.

The land around you was dying and you decided to just visit home.

But there was no home to return to.

When you arrived, the land was dead and there was no sound.

Everything you left to protect was now gone.

Who could have done this?

"It's been a long time (First Name)."

You turned around to see the man from those years ago.

"W..what are you doing here?"

"I was walking by. What about you?"

"I..I wanted to visit home, but...it's gone. Everything I wanted to protect here is just gone."

His eyes grew and his gaze looked away.

"You should leave."

"Excuse me?"

"I..I'm the one who did all this. I thought I could control it, but I can't."

"There's no way you could have done this...unless you're.."

"I am Zeref."

He was the man the adults and your parents warned you of and yet you helped him.

There was a part of you that was mad, but deep inside, you still cared for him.

You knew what it was like to not be around others and to be isolated from people.

"I understand if you hate me. Everyone does."

"I don't hate you."

Zeref looked up in shock.

"Zeref, I know what it's like to be alone. Even if you killed those who I loved dearly, I can't bring myself to hate you. Not when I care for you."

Carefully, you approached him and held his hands.

"When I was younger, I killed everything that came into contact with me. I've learned to control it for the most part, but if I ever lost control, I know that you'll be there because you're precious to me and I just want to be by your side...even if it means dying."

He pulled you into an embrace and you could feel tears on your shoulder.

"Don't say that. I don't want you to die. Someone as bright and loving as you can't die. I refuse to let you die."

You smiled and wrapped your arms around him.

"Then take me with you. I don't want to be alone anymore."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Okay, I am back for sure! I joined a new skype group and I'm trying to freaking balance everything out again. Like, people are coming to visit, me planning to get license, and then I'm getting back into writing. And a big thank you for those that showed up to the livestream! Means a whole bunch and sorry if you heard my sad story and that I made you cry. I hate making people cry.

Btw, fuckin chapter 424 hit me in the heart! I'm not a big shipper of Juvia and Gray, but jeez! Kill me why don't you? Also, the spoilers of 425 were all over tumblr! I won't tell you guys because I'm nice.

Okay, gotta go write the other stuff with passion and feels!

Up next is Rufus~

CONTACT ME

Instagram: www.instagram.com/minicchichin

Twitter: www.twitter.com/user/mini_unnie

Ask: www.ask.fm/minicchichin