"Zee. Zee, I'm coming in," I hear, pulling me back to reality.

"Stay the fuck away before I hex you into the next dimension or knock you unconscious!" I yell through the door. "I'm here to damn help you, Zee! Open the door! I'm coming in whether you like it or not, and I will not hesitate to use my powers! I'm just as stubborn as you, Zatara!" Dinah yell back through the door.

She never calls me by my last name.

She's real.

"Fine. I don't need Bruce harping on my ass for my door breaking. Come in."

"Thank you."

Dinah steps in with a smile. "Took ya long enough. Now-" 

Then she sees my face. "My God... what happened to you?"

Another person's weight in my bed... it reminded me of him.

We're miles and miles away, but he's still in my mind.

But no matter how fast or how far I go
Your shadow and your memories won't leave me

I'll run and run, and I'll run even more until I can't anymore, but I can't... I can't forget him.  No matter what the hell I'll do, I can't escape him, escape his memory, his... everything.

So I run in vain
Can't escape you

"Are you okay, Zee?"

"I'm- yeah. I'm fine. Just fucking fine."

"No. It's not."

It's not fine

"You don't- don't understand. I've been through this enough to know what heartbreak feels like, and it doesn't hurt me anymore," I lie.

Will I be pretending I'm alright?

"You're lying," Dinah tells me. "How are you...?"

"I've known you since we were eleven, 'Zee the Freak'. I think I know when you're lying."

"Not helping, Di," I remind, teeth gritted, already starting to lose my temper.

She senses this.

"I'm sorry, hon. I'm just trying to help. I thought that you would at least be a little used to this, seeing as you and John break up quite often."

This almost pushes me off the edge. 

"Dinah."

"Zatanna. I'm sorry, I know that you loved him, but, I think it's better now that you two broke up."

I started crying.

The next day, Dinah attempts to help me.

She ends up pushing me over the edge, and I set something on fire.

"Di, I'm so- so sorry... I'm so sorry, I didn't- didn't mean-"