21) The Girl (Fluff) Newt

Start from the beginning

   "She was in here. It was her name on the plaque. Teresa... Agnes. And you're not her."

    "I think I know who I am and who I am not."

    I cracked a smile.

   "I'm not kidding. Where. Is. She?!"

    "I don't know!"

   Suddenly Minho came in with all of the other Gladers, and the girl looked curiously at them, completely forgetting about Thomas's accusations.

   "Who are they?" She asked.

    "Shuck..." Minho muttered, eyeing the girl. The girl looked very uncomfortable.

    "That's Minho," I spoke up. "Minho, meet..."

    "Y/N," she said.

    "Y/N." I repeated.

    Minho licked his lips. I rolled my eyes at his antics.

   "So now that we've had our little introduction," Minho began sassily. "Who are you and where did you come from?"

    Her eyes flashed with pain before looking down.

   "The Maze...," she sighed. The Maze."

    *Time skip to after Y/N explains all about her Maze and living with Group B*

   "So..." I started. "You were basically in the same Maze as us but with a couple dozens of girls?"

   She nodded.

   "Wait... what's that on your neck?" Thomas asked.

    "My neck?" She asked. She tried, but she obviously couldn't look at something on her neck.

    It was like a black blob or a stain of some sort. It was way too dark to be a birth mark, and it looked intentional. Like words.

   "Let me see," I offered.

    I walked over to her, and she calmly grabbed her hair and pulled it to one side. She moved her neck so I could see just above her collar. It read: Y/N F/L/N. Group B. Subject B2. The Angel.

    They got the "angel" part right.

    After I read it, I said it aloud to the others.

    "When did you get that?" Thomas asked.

    "I didn't have it last night! I showered and I definitely would've saw it when I looked in the mirror."

    "So you're telling me that someone came in, gave you that during the night, and you didn't know?" Thomas demanded incredulously.

   "Yes, I swear!"

    "Wait..." Jack said, looking at Minho. "You have one too..."

    Minho (idk his last name sorry 😂). Group A. Subject A7. The Leader.

   (Everyone read everyone's name things, blah blah, time skip.)

   "Wait, read mine," Thomas said.

   "I already did," I shrugged. "It says your name and it also says...'to be killed by Group B.'"

    "Wait..." Jack pointed at Y/N. "Didn't it say she..."

     All of the sudden, Jack rushed at Y/N and slapped her hard across the face.

   "You Liar! Who are you?! Is this 'Group B' a bunch of murderers?!"

   I ran and pushed Jack away from Y/N, who was close to crying on the ground while holding her face. Minho also shoved Jack's chest.

    "It said she was 'The Angel', so do you really think that they would give her that name if she wanted to kill Thomas?!" Minho argued.

   Jack glared at Minho, and they both had a manly stare down.

   I, on the other hand, was trying to help Y/N.

   "Oh, come here, love."

    I gently sat her up and wrapped my arms around her waist while she put her arms around my neck. I picked her up, and her legs went around my waist. She put her head in the crook of my neck and held me tightly. Jack broke his staring contest with Minho and glared at me.

   "Are you really going to side with her?!" He yelled. "With what that thing says?! It says she kills him!"

   "No! She won't!"

   Someone finally yanked Jack to go sit down.

   I ran my hand over her hair in an attempt to calm her down.

   "Shhh, love, it's okay."

   Her cries quieted down, and I brought her away from all of this chaos and into the room we slept in last night. I got dirty looks from Jack, but I didn't care in this moment. All I cared about was Y/N.

   "Please, stay," she whispered.

   My heart melted at her words, and of course I couldn't resist the girl in my arms.

   " 'Course, love."

    I sat down on the bed with her and lay her to the side. Her head was burrowed in my chest. Her breathing steadied, and I knew she was asleep. A blush and a smile crept up into my face. I gripped her tighter.

   "Awww." Something came from the door.

    I looked back as best as I could without disturbing her and saw Minho in the doorway. Of course he ruined the moment.

   "Shut up, slinthead."

(Original Publish Date: October 10, 2021)