3) She said what? (Fluff) Newt

(Y/N's POV)

   During dinner, I was eating with all of my best friends and my crush. They included Minho, Thomas, Chuck, Frypan, and Newt. I had liked Newt for the month and a week that I had been here. He was so caring, loyal, and loving.  He was just amazing. All of the boys loved me here, but not cause I was a girl, because I was the BEST girl. Obviously (I'm kidding, I'm not a pick me).

   Teresa was the other girl, and it was obvious to everyone that I was better than her. They all thought it, I'm just saying it. They all thought I was the original girl. The hot one, smart one, funny one, and the one that everyone has a crush on, even if it was just very minor. However, most of them thought of me as their friend first before anything else. Except Newt, of course. Just coincidence that the only guy I wanted is the one that wasn't showing any non-platonic interest.

   I was just talking with my friends at the table and laughing when I heard something from another table. My ears had perked out at the mention of my crush

   "Oh no, I wouldn't date Newt, he's ugly!" Teresa laughed.

    Everyone at my table had heard it. Newt seemed a little uncomfortable or embarrassed by it. I looked at him and felt myself get angry at this. I threw down my fork onto my plate and got up immediately to go

   "You got something to say, Teresa? It's a little rich coming from you," I said and she eyed me along with everyone. "You can't even talk about looks because look at you. I mean, there's one thing good about you: your body is not as ugly as your face or personality. But trust me, your face is pretty damn ugly, and your personality I can't even say anything about because I don't know a word worse than absolutely horrendous."

   I looked at her for a second and she looked at me with rage as her "friends" put their hands over their mouths to cover the laughter that tried to escape their lips. I looked her up and down quickly and walked back to my table. Everyone said "ooooh~".

   "Damn, Y/N, you schooled her!" Minho exclaimed, putting a hand up, and I high-fived him.

   Everyone looked at me with an admiring look, and Chuck had his mouth hung open with the corners raised in a smile. Newt glanced at me and smiled a bit.

   "She needed it," I replied.

   ...

    When dinner was over and I was walking towards my hammock, Newt came up behind me.

   "Hey," he greeted.

   "Hi."

   "Why did you do that earlier?"

    I thought about that for a second. I thought of an excuse I can make, because I couldn't tell the real reason.

   "Well...um... you didn't deserve that. Trust me, what she said is not true, and she definitely deserves it. She's living proof someone can live without a brain."

   "Thank you," He laughed.

   We made eye contact, and I smiled at him. He seemed genuinely grateful that I had stood up for him like that. I looked back down and put a stray strand of hair behind my ear.

  "Oh, and I've been meaning to tell you something," he added, fidgeting with his fingers a bit.

  I met his eyes and said, "Yes?"

   "Ever since you came up out of the Box, I could tell you were going to be an amazing person. I've seen it, and...I've had a crush on you."

   I couldn't help but smile a lot. I looked at him.

   "I like you too. Ever since then."

   He smiled and pulled me into him. He pressed his lips on mine.