13) Kisses (Fluff) Newt

(This was originally an idea I just thought of, but when writing, I realized it sounded a lot like the kissing scene from the movie My Girl. So, if I take any quotes, it's just in my subconscious, and sorry. With that being said, this is My Girl inspired.

(Y/N's POV)

I was hanging out with my best friend for life and my crush for life. Sadly, they were the same person.

Newt was the person I fell for out of every single boy in the Glade. All of them fall at my feet, but not him. It makes me a little crazy. Every boy here hits on me except the one I like. It's also kind of comforting though, because the other boys would just like me for my gender but Newt would like me for who I am.

"Have you ever kissed anyone in the Glade?" He asked out of really nowhere. I raised my eyebrows.

"Why?" I looked over to him and he shrugged.

"I dunno. But have you?"

"No."

After I said that, I thought for a moment.

"What is the big deal with kissing anyways?" I questioned.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, what's all the hype about? Licking the inside of someone's mouth doesn't exactly sound exciting."

He laughed.

"Maybe there's something special about it when it's with the right person."

"Maybe."

I felt a sudden surge of confidence, and before I could understand what I was planning to do I said:

"Maybe we should try it."

(Newt's POV)

I literally had a mini heart attack. Did she really just say that?! The hottest girl I've ever met, well, I haven't met any other I remember, just suggested kissing me? The girl I have a crush on? The girl that literally everyone in the Glade wants? The girl that I thought would be only my best friend forever?

I managed to keep all of the emotions from spilling out.

"Hmm?" I pretended not to here her. She seemed a bit nervous now.

"We should try. To see what the big deal is."

I was freaking out inside even more, but I just cleared my throat and sat up. She did too.

"Okay."

She leaned in. I closed my eyes and leaned in as well. Our lips met, and it felt like pure joy. Her lips were so soft and they fit against mine perfectly. Her hand travelled up to my neck. It no longer felt like we were just trying to "see what the big deal is", just like we were really expressing our feelings towards each other. Did she like me back?

(I'm so sorry for the cliffhanger! I thought I'd keep this one short and sweet. Love you guys ❤️)