VIII

March 2005

What they all had thought would blow over with time, had become a guessing game in the Wizarding World of London. Everyone wanted to know who the father of Hermione Granger's daughter was and no one was shy with their theories and assumptions. Headline after headline came and went and Hermione still wasn't ready to tell anyone the truth. Theo, Blaise, and Draco on the other hand, were not shying away from theories of their own.

"Granger looked particularly annoyed with the Prophet this morning," Theo smirked as he walked around the library bouncing a cooing Lyra in his arms gently.

"Theo you have to cradle the back of her head," Draco rolled his eyes, making another move in his game of wizard's chess against Blaise.

"Well look who is suddenly the expert on parenting," Theo smirked before turning and smiling at Lyra who was smiling at him. "Don't worry Mini Granger, you're safe with me. You're safe with Daddy. Can you say that? Daddy? You're so smart, you'll be talking before we know it."

"Theo she is barely four months old," Blaise chuckled. "We have a while to go before she even begins to start talking."

"Can we get back on topic please," Theo huffed before whispering to Lyra. "Don't you worry little one. I know how big that beautiful brain is."

"She will continue to be annoyed with the prophet until they stop printing stories about her and Lyra," Blaise pointed out, chuckling.

"Let's see what they had to say today," Theo spoke, levitating the prophet in front of him to read through the stories. Blaise was right of course, there was another story printed with speculations about who the father really was. Of course they were all just theories. "Oh hey look at that Victor Krum is on another tour of france for the quidditch circuit."

"And Ernie McMillan just created a new hangover potion," Blaise smirked at Draco before making his next move. "Checkmate. Your point Theo?"

"My point is both of those stories are mentioned in the prophet today. The prophet that Hermione was more annoyed than usual with this morning," Theo sighed. "Why is this so hard for you to pay attention to?"

"Are you suggesting we add Victor Krum and Eddie McMillan to the list?" Draco chuckled, shaking his head at the ludicrous proposal.

"I have a good feeling about Ernie Mcmillan. She's a swot, he's a potioneer," Blaise nodded to Theo. "I definitely think he could be a possibility."

"Really Blaise? That's what you think gets our Granger all hot and bothered? Sets a fire in her? A bloody potioneer?" Draco laughed standing up and going over to take Lyra, who was reaching for him giggling, from Theo.

"So then your bet is on Krum then?" Theo smirked knowingly as Blaise mouthed 'our granger' over to him. "If I recall she did date him once."

"I wouldn't call that dating," Draco bit out, running his head through Lyra's curls before resting his hand on the back of her head gently to support her.

"Then what would you call it?" Blaise smirked. "She seemed smitten to me at the Yule Ball."

"Oh yes the Yule Ball," Theo sighed, dreamily. "Such a wonderful night. We all had such a great time, didn't we Draco?"

Draco grumbled under his breath, causing Blaise and Theo to laugh.

May 2005

"You are never going to let this go are you?" Hermione laughed, looking up from her book as Theo who was standing and glaring out of breath.

"Theo darling," Pansy laughed at him from her spot on the ground ,with Lyra between her legs, helping her sit up while she reached for toys. "Take a breath and begin again."