VI

"He called Lyra a what?!" Theo shouted, slamming his glass down on the table.

"Seamus asked if she knew which one of you was the father," Pansy perched herself on a chair sending all the bags off with a wave of her wand. "Then he continued on and said that none of you would want to claim her anyways because she's a bastard and Hermione is a muggleborn."

"I'm going to kill him." Theo fumed and turned to Draco. "Your probation is up, correct? We can go kill him now, yes?"

"Oh we can kill him," Draco replied, gripping his drink so tightly in his hand, the glass could shatter at any moment.

"Draco darling don't get yourself sent to Azkaban," Pansy sighed rolling her eyes. "I'm sure Blaise has a perfectly fine idea. He did say that if one bad word was said about Lyra he would take care of it."

"Oh I'm going to take care of it," Blaise spoke calmly, but anyone who knew Blaise understood what his demeanor meant.

"Excellent," Theo popped up. "Let's go. It's been a while since we've spilt a little blood."

"Draco should go check on Hermione first," Pansy looked at him innocently. "I mean he did call her a death eaters whore."

"Yes you go do that," Theo nodded and looked at Blaise. "You and I are going to floo call Potter and make him tell us where to find Finnegan. I wonder if he's still shagging Dean Thomas."

"Focus Nott," Blaise said as he followed him out of the room to head to the floo.

"Pansy what are you doing," Draco looked at her, his hands shaking. He needed to break something, or even someone. He may not have been able to kill anyone during the war but he wasn't opposed to it at this very moment. "I can't go and talk to her like this. I'm too angry."

"That's exactly why you need to go and talk to her," Pansy pointed out. "I know we all give you a hard time about your feelings and your lack of initiative towards said feelings but you can't deny that her presence calms you. Especially Lyra. If you go and find Finnegan like this you are very liable to kill him and then where would that leave us all hmmm?"

Draco looked at her for a moment and then nodded. He could fight them all he wanted but she wasn't wrong. There was something about being in Hermione's presence that had a calming effect on him. He had wanted nothing to do with anyone after the war. He hadn't even wanted to go back to Hogwarts but it was all mandatory under the conditions of his probation. The first night he had gone to Theo's head boy dorm, Blaise had to practically drag him there. He was terrified to see her again. He couldn't get her screams out of his head or the look in her eyes as she laid on the manor floor being tortured by his Aunt while he stood there unable to do anything. That night though, in the head boy and girl's dorm, she came out of her room to see them all sitting there. He had tensed, ready for her to panic and draw her wand on him, but she had just smiled kindly at them, grabbed a glass of water, and went back to her room. It was at that moment that everything shifted.

It was something that grew over time between Draco and Hermione. It started as just sitting quietly while his friends talked around them. It continued with small talk, studying together for their classes. Then, one morning she was sitting at the Gryffindor table while they were all sitting with the rest of the Slytherin students. A commotion began at her table and suddenly she shot out of her seat and began yelling loudly

"They are just kids Seamus!" Hermione shouted, hair sparking as her magic flowed around her, in tune with her emotions. "You sit here refusing to see that they are trying! They are trying to move forward, do better! How can they do that if all you do is see the mistakes they have made!"