Chapter 3

I gulped in dread. Shalini konja nanja pesadi pesuna iniku unnaku job kedacha mari dhan .... the voice in my head said in a pity tone. It was the same guy I met in the elevator, but he was wearing an informal attire when I saw him back there and now he is fitted in a well-pressed grey and black 3 piece suit.

(after the way you spoke do you think you're going to get a job here )

In a tedious and unsteady manner, I called him Sir. He looked up and smiled at me. kadavule ivaruku temporary memory loss prechana kudithudu pa ippa, I beseeched .

( i hope he has memory loss problem ) 

"Take your sit Miss. Shalini Krishnan". he emphasised it in a stern tone. I sat in the black chair opposite to him. I trembled in fear .

"Then, Shalini Krishnan I assume we have met before", he had a smug smile on his face .

"Sir please sir, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have commented on you like that, I am extremely sorry sir." i blurted out.

"Ada vidu ma nee vera ithukalam sorry ketutu iruka "a chuckle emerged from his mouth.

( just leave it , it's not even a problem)

"Nejamava solringa anna i mean sir? "

( are you serious?)

"Ada aama ma ithula enna iruku na office vara mari dress panala during that time athunala you questioned me, it will happen sometimes no issue and call me what you like "

(yes it is , i haven't dressed formally back then so you questioned me , it happens sometimes its, not a big concern )

I was dumbfounded and touched by his civility; I have never witnessed such a prominent official speaking to me like this. "Thank you anna "I answered with an appealing smile .

He gave a brief nod and smiled at me .

"So Shalini shall we start the meeting"

"Yes sir "

"I am Maaran, i'm the business partner and general executive of this association. I hope you perceive for what profession you're being questioned and attending the interview here ".

"Yes sir, I am aware of it"

"Good. Being a personal assistant for the managing director of this enormous company is a serious deal. You will attend all the board meetings and assist your boss with all the company queries. Are you sure you can handle all this pressure?"

"You should tell me that sir whether i'm capable or incapable of this job, but I know I will justify it and never let you down if you provide me this job." I said it positively.

He nodded his head. Shall we begin the interviewing session now?, are you ready ?

"always ready. "

He asked numerous questions regarding the Indian economy condition, business administration, share market and trading. I analysed and answered every question precisely and properly as much as I know. I was elated about my answering skill. Thanks to Avanthi, most of the questions he asked were almost same as the questions that Avanthi taught me at home and while driving here .

"I'm impressed Shalini. Almost all the questions you have answered are correct. you are well versed in practical application which plays the most important role in your job" He exclaimed in elation .

"Thank you so much sir, it was you who made me comfortable at the start which gave me even more confident to attend this interview" .

He smiled, "wait in the meeting hall Shalini. They should announce soon the results. All the best ."