Chapter 1

Shalini krishnan POV ( point of view )

The human mind is truly the scariest thing of all. One question that kept lingering in my head for a very long time is ' Why should I go through this'? I had drifted to my world of thoughts until the coffee in my mug spilled over the railing of the rusted metal bar and in my icy hand.

I was wincing in pain at the hot drink that spilled over. I ran downstairs and run my hand through the cold tap water. The pain in my hand was eased, but not the ache in my wretched heart

I saw Patti (grandmother) was sound asleep in her comfy bed. Sometimes memories are the worst form of torture. I felt a pit in my stomach while glimpsing my parents' photo, which was set on the table near the bed. They took it during their wedding, my mother was wearing an elegant red silk saree and my father was wearing a traditional white veshti and shirt. My father held my mom's hand. They looked so happy and beautiful together. But the cruel god had other plans.

My mom died because of an accident when I was just a 10 year little girl and my sister was a small baby. Speaking of my father, he was a caring gentleman. Even after mom's demise, he stayed strong, raised us very well and showered us with all the love and affection he had.

A year passed. One fateful night, I saw him strolling in the back yard. I went and sat on a stone bench across from him and asked what's wrong. He smiled and hugged me closely and told to take care of Sara and Patti and kissed me in forehead and exited the gate, reached his car and drove away.

That's the last time I ever saw him. He never returned home. He abandoned us; nevertheless I have huge hatred towards him. I still love him and still waiting for his return.

I became strong and accepted the way my life was leading. My sister and my patti became my entire world. I studied hard and graduated from my university with a gold medal. Though I was happy with my life but it felt incomplete.

I took a sharp whiff and exhaled heavily. I turned back to my room and seated in front of my laptop and checked for job interviews offers. I require a job right now, the enterprise in which I worked earlier arrested in an enormous bank debt and was sealed forthwith.

Someone was tapping on my room door., I opened it and Sara was hugging me tight. I needed this the most now., I planted a kiss on her forehead and inquired about her day. "I had undoubtedly an unpleasant time at school, intha maths la podanumnu yaru ketta sin , cos, tan nu torture pandranga sissy " she blurted . i can't stop laughing at my baby sister ramblings cause i used to say the same during her age , genes problem i guess . i asked her to refresh herself and come downstairs for evening snacks.

( why we have to deal with this sin cos tan , maths is getting harder and harder each time )

I heard patti in the kitchen preparing evening snacks. I presume. i wonder watching her moving hastily here and there, how she's so active even in her late sixties? She's the woman I have always looked up for in my worst and best times. She's my inspiration , the woman whom i always aspire to be. She's bold and beautiful even though her skin wrinkled. i unawarely hugged her posture

" en sogama iruka" she asked

(what happened why are you looking sad?)

"onnum illa patti, palaya comapny dhidirnu close panuvanganu nenaikala , ippa job illa hope i will find some work soon" i added

( nothing grandma , i didn't expect my last company to be closed this soon , i have no job now)

"seri ma , atha pathi ippa nenaikadha , intha job pona paravala itha vida nalla job kedaikum onnaku antha velai pudikala neeye resign panradhuku munnadi the company closed, job kedaichuruma kavala padatha".

(don't worry about it you will get a new job the things we loose always have a way to come back to us )

I smiled looking at her understanding she's immensely thoughtful too, her words always soothe my soul , she knows when to say the ideal things .

Soon Sara joined us amid our conversation. i helped patti with the dishes and arranged it in the dining table .

After some chit chat i rushed to my room to check the E-mails . i clicked the first one in my inbox it was from Cipla company's offer, i checked through the details but the salary was not satisfying me so i kept my thoughts in hold and opened the next E-mail it was from Tidal , the salary and work timings were quite appealing to me but i had a second thought of checking the rest of the mails .

I was thrilled to see the next mail it was from Oracle enterprises , it was such a big and privileged company , they needed a Personal Assistant for their managing director , a hefty amount of salary and work timings were convenient too . who will deny their offer i am gonna accept it . but I had no memory of sending my resume to their office , i must be delusional how on earth they would have found my resume without me sending it to them I muttered to myself .

I was jumping in excitement and ran down stairs to share this news to Sara and patti . they were so happy to hear such huge company offered me a job ,we hugged each other .

We ate dinner joyfully , watched television , i bid my good night to patti and went to my room . sara was in the bed scrolling her phone , i was rummaging through my closet to find a perfect dress for tomorrow's interview, sara came running and picked out a dress. Not gonna lie it was one of my favorite dress. I thanked her and she gave me little nod and smiled . soon we went to bed.

Sara held me tightly with her arms around my shoulder and Said " tomorrow is a big day sissy i am sure you're gonna blow their minds " . i was lil bit stressed but her words relieved me . i set my alarm at 5 :30 though the interview is at 8 i am a lazy bean i need time to freshen up myself . a wave of relief came in my mind , soon i fell asleep due to my medication.

****************

That's your first chapters guys next update will be tomorrow stay tuned .

Hope you guys liked it. :)

This is my first ever story i have written in wattpad , and i am extremely happy that my first story started with my forever favorite pair ashaangi.

Apologizes from my side if you guys found any grammar or spelling mistakes

Remember to vote , comment and of course stay with me and my story until the end.

love,

Ash