CHAPTER 5️⃣

A/N: SORRY TOOK LONG TO POST BEEN BUSY, AND I HAVE WRITERS BLOCK. I HOPE YALL ARE ENJOYING THE STORY SO FAR.

I haven't had another nightmares for a couple of weeks now, which is good. I am still going to group therapy, but now I've been doing a lot of one-on-one with my therapist Sharon which has been helping me a lot more. Also, work is going great. I've kept myself busy with work that my co-workers are starting to think I don't have a life which I mean I don't. However, I still go out to the movies and stuff. I don't go with anyone, so they have been trying to set me up on a date, but I'm not ready to go on a date with anyone just yet; I don't even think I'll ever be. I know not all guys are like Jackson. Still, some are just like that monster, and I don't trust myself to make the right decision on picking a good guy anymore. I thought I made a good choice before and looked at where that has gotten me. It just brought me nothing pain and being in constant fear. But feeling all that reminds me that I am still alive and I survived.

I had an hour left on my shift. I couldn't wait to get home and take a nice hot bath with a glass of wine and also catch up on my favorite shows that I missed during the week. ( which would only be 911,911 Lone-Star, and also law and order SVU )

Cleaning off one of my tables and started to collect my tips from the night. When I looked up, and saw Chris standing in front of me. He has been coming by a lot in these couple of weeks which I don't mind. He usually comes with his partner for a cup of and a slice of pie. He wouldn't let me give him the free one that I promised him, but he insisted on paying, so I just stopped fighting him on it and just let him pay
We have been getting to know each other and joke around with each other man, and this man is funny always has me laughing. Sometimes I have to remember that I am at work

Celina- Hey Chris, you need a table, or are you ordering to go!?
Chris- No to either thank you
Celina- oh, okay, then what can I do to help you?
Chris - Nothing, I just wanted to see um If I can walk you home. If that's okay with you?!

I was taken aback by his offer, not in a wrong way like this is weird, more like it was such a lovely gesture. So with a smile, I expected his proposal, which I'm glad I did. It was getting too late to walk home by myself. I told him that I still needed to clean up my tables, and then I'd be ready. He nodded told me he would wait for me outside

Once I finished, I clocked out and grabbed my jacket and purse, said goodbye to the girls; as I was leaving, the girls stopped me and told me to go for Chris and ask him out I told them no because he and I were just friends. Still, they said that I would be crazy to pass up on a guy like Chris. I mean, yeah his intelligent, funny, and caring. He is all around a good person. Any woman is lucky to have him. I want to take things slow, plus I don't know if he likes me that I don't want to make rash decisions. I'm just enjoying my life at this moment and taking my time.