“Mamma, what have you ladies been up to?” All eyes were on her. Gio and Roberto both gave appreciative head nods while Mr. Mucciono stared blankly.

“Whatever do you mean figlio?”

“Mrs. Myers?”

“Allison remember?”

“Again I ask what you two have been up to. It’s pretty late.”

“Who is the parent here?”

“I apologize Mr. Mucciono. Carlina was so gracious in helping a poor lost soul as myself. I think she was a bit leery at looking at the train wreck I came as.” Allison tried her hand at a joke.

“Please honey, I just revealed what was hidden behind the hideous clothing.”

“That you did.” Roberto commented. Mr. Mucciono looked almost offended while Allison was truly embarrassed.

“I guess I will turn in since it is so late.”

“Actually…” Gio began to protest and looked to Mr. Mucciono to finish.

“We have been invited to a business acquaintance’s club opening. This would be the perfect opportunity to bring up the concerns we spoke about earlier today.”

“Club?” Allison didn’t know how to deny the invitation or whatever it was. One reason was she had nothing to wear while her main concern should be is public places made her nervous. She would be so out of place with beautiful women around while she sat looking like a broke nun.

“Wonderful idea figlio. She has the perfect dress.”

“I do?”

“Yes you do.”

“Alfred, could you take Miss Allison’s bags to her room please? Thank you.”

“Carlina, what did you do?”

“How do you young people say in the states, I ‘hooked’ you up?” Carlina questioned so seriously that Allison couldn’t stay mad at her. “Come caro, let me help you get dressed.”

“We leave in thirty minutes.”

“Yes sir.”

Once upstairs, Carlina wasted no time preparing her make over. A makeover she had no clue was even coming. The spa was one thing now she was being pampered with clothes as well. Allison thought to herself this was the real reason she wanted her to try on all of those clothes. Now the question is, was Mr. Mucciono in on it. Couldn’t be, Allison further thought. He looked just as shocked at her new appearance as she did for the first time looking in the mirror. And by it being Gio’s original idea to invite her, he was clueless. Even though she had this whole new look, she knew deep down inside she was still the battered, bruised, scarred, and fragile female.

“Don’t worry honey. Just let go and enjoy yourself.”

“Technically this is about business.”

“What’s wrong with enjoying yourself while handling business?”

“That may not be pleasing to Mr. Mucciono. I don’t want to anger him or embarrass him.”

“Relax caro. My Antonio can be a big ole meany but he isn’t unfair. He is reasonable. That is the way his father and I have raised him. How did you become to work for him with so much fear in your heart?”

“Oh, uh…” Allison realized she had somewhat put her foot in her mouth. Somehow letting her fear overthrow any moments of reason to keep up with the original story.