He looked down at the floor, tensing his jaw to prevent any stupid tears.

"Would I understand why he didn't love me as much as I did him?" Dream added in a softer voice.

Sapnap was silent for a moment.

"He did love you. He loved you so much." Sapnap said, softer than his previous tone. It almost sounded like he was choking up too.

"Well clearly he didn't love me enough to stay." Dream said, and shoved past Sapnap and Karl, walking through the house and going back up the stairs.

Karl put a hand on Sapnap's shoulder, and made him look at him.

"Sap, there aren't sides at all. It's not who is right and who is wrong, or who hurt who the most, who made the biggest mistakes." Karl said. "There's just Dream's point of view and George's point of view."

"If Dream heard George's-"

"Do you think that would fix anything? Do you think it would make Dream feel better? Knowing his boyfriend at the time was going through so much turmoil and stress? And he was hiding it the whole time, not sharing it with the person you should tell everything to?" Karl said with furrowed eyebrows.

Sapnap was silent.

"What do you think it would fix?" Karl asked, crossing his arms over his chest. "Because if it were me, I think I'd be more hurt that you never shared how unhappy you were. I would be more hurt that you didn't trust me enough to tell me what was going on. I'm supposed to help you through everything." Karl said, voice breaking.

Sapnap pulled Karl into a hug, arms tight around his waist.

There were several kids running around everywhere in the apartment. All with party hats on and loose glitter on theirs faces and clothes.

Somehow, there was glitter on Karl and Sapnap too. And they hadn't even been here for that long.

George poured them both a glass of champagne, before chugging his own. Sapnap raised an eyebrow.

"I have a headache, ok? This party has been stressful." George said, about to pour himself another glass.

"Have mine. I'm driving anyway." Sapnap said, handing it back over.

"I thought you haven't been in Florida long? How does Lana know these kids?" Karl said. All the parents were milling around in the living room, so Sapnap and Karl felt very out of place.

"It's a group for single parents." George said, gesturing back through the kitchen to the living room. "It's just nice to hang out with people who understand, you know? And a lot of them are young, like me." He said, taking another mouthful of champagne. "I joined the group four years ago. I had moved away pretty soon after that, but I kept in contact with some of the parents, and some of them were still here when we came back."

"How many kids are there?" Karl chuckled as three ran through the kitchen, one holding a toy sword and chasing the other two.

"Seven." George grimaced. "Six parents, one of them has twins." Just as two identical boys tackled each other to the ground in the living room.

"Daddy." A girl interrupted their conversation, and George put down his glass of champagne to pick her up. Lana was wearing a pink dress and had rainbow clips in her hair.

"When can I open my presents?" She asked.

"Later. We can open them once everyone leaves." He said, bouncing her.

"What did Sapnat and Karl get me?" She giggled, looking at the pair.

"That's a surprise. It's the one in the orange and purple box." Karl teased. Lana looked at the table and grinned.