A/N

So I should explain where I got this story idea from.

It's based off something that has happened to me.

To be clear, I didn't see any vehicles when I started crossing the road. I'd decided I was gonna run across the other side, so I did.

Halfway through the intersection, I saw a diesel too close for comfort. (I already had a fear of them.) I booked it through the rest of the intersection and survived. Or did I? :)

Theres probably an alternative timeline or universe were I didn't. But it's fine. It's not like it causes me to have more anxiety when being near diesels.

But after that experience, I kept it a secret and only my brother knows. Probably my parents as well, but I don't know.

Later that night, I had a dream, or probably a nightmare, about different experiences like this book. Except, no one could see or hear me. I was just watching them.

My sister's (C) 18th birthday; my brother (R) playing soccer; my other brother (D) graduating; C getting married; R raising kids; D playing video games with his friends; my parents celebrating their 50th anniversary; and Christmas's that weren't as bright as before;

I was constantly trying to say that I loved them, was happy for them, and wanted them to be happy, but they couldn't hear me. When I woke up, I created a box.

The box had things in it, and a small journal telling them what I wanted to say in my dream. It was labeled "If I die young".

After a few months, my parents told me they'd went through it, because they thought that I was sui*idal. I was off about it, but didn't really care. I was more confused that they thought I was sui*idal.

Honestly, I wish I had the courage to tell my family face to face what I wrote in that journal. I lost the journal a year ago, but I still remember the gist of what I wrote.

Thanks for reading, and I hope you all have a great day/night.