Chapter 27

As I Lay Dying

It's been a couple of days since the ritual and Josephine was still stuck in Alarics apartment with Katherine.

Josephine was so bored, her phone was in her car and she can't get out. She misses her friends she was so bored that she actually missed school.

Katherine was sitting on the bed and Josephine was sitting on the couch and that's when Stefan walked in.

"Stefan." Josephine said with a smile and ran over to him and hugged him and he hugged her back glad she was okay.

"Hello, Katherine." Stefan said pulling out of the hug and Katherine stood up.

"Two days, I've been waiting. I'm supposed to be free of Klaus' compulsion by now. He's supposed to be dead!" Katherine said and Josephine looked between the two.

"We ran into complications." Stefan said.

"Complications?" Katherine asked.

"Doesn't really matter. I just need to find him. Do you have any idea where he might be?" Stefan asked and vamp sped him to another room and Josephine just walked to the kitchen thinking that Klaus was coming and just like that Klaus and Elijah walked through the door.

"Josephine." Elijah said and she smiled.

"Klaus, you're back. Look who decided to come for a visit." Katherine said and pushed Stefan into view and Klaus looked at him.

"You just keep popping up, don't you?" Kalus asked and Josephine was biting on her lip watching them.

"I need you're help.... For my brother." Stefan said.

"Well, whatever it is, its gonna have to wait a tick. You see, I have an obligation to my brother that requires my immediate attention." Klaus said and Elijah looks at Stefan.

"You understand how important family is, or you wouldn't be here. My brother gave me his word that he would reunite with my own." Elijah said and he looked over at Josephine and she had a big smile on her face.

"And I shall." Kalus said and daggers him and he pushes Stefan to the wall.

"No!" Josephine yelled and ran over to them and Klaus stopped her.

"Now now, Josephine you wouldn't want to do anything that would jeopardize seeing your precious Kol." Klaus said and she stopped and looked between them. "Now, what am I going to do with you?" He added and Klaus stakes him and Stefan groaned out in pain.

"Don't do anything stupid, Josephine." Kol said seeing how she was about to walk to them.

"Do you feel that? It's scraping against your heart. The slightest little movement and you're dead." Klaus said and Katherine and Josephine gave each other worried looks.

"He's just trying to help his brother." Katherine said.

"The witches said you had a cure. Make me a deal. Just give me the cure, and I'll do whatever you want." Stefan said and Klaus pulls out the stake and Stefan fell over. Klaus walks over to the counter smirking at Josephine as he did so, and puts the dagger on it and pours himself a glass of blood.

"Trouble is I don't know if you'd be any good to me the way you are now. You are just shy of useless." Klaus said and took a drink of his blood.

________

Stefan was still on the floor and Klaus had a glass of blood in his hands and crouched down to him as the two girls watched.

"I heard about this one vampire, crazy bloke, always on and off the wagon for decades. When she was off, he was magnificent. 1917, he went into Monterrey and wiped out an entire migrant village.... A true ripper. Sound familiar?" Klaus asked.