Chapter 5 - All Hail The King

The demon stood above a bloodied beaten body. A wide grin of satisfaction marked his blue stained face. A crowd of demonic faces lit up in an uproar. A particular doorframe shone brighter than the rest in the labyrinth of shifting fortresses. It would hold the commentary that consisted of two demons of numbered eyes in ecstatic awe as a third watched silently from behind, arms crossed. A pale woman screamed in the crowd. Tears in her eyes, now on her knees in agony at the sight before her. The demon pressed his foot upon his former opponents head, pushing it down into the floorboards and building up the pool of blood that had spread below them.

Upper Moon 2, Douma, took a step before the rest of the commentators. His mouth gaped, ready to announce the winner of the blood battle. A strong gust of wind rushed past him before he could speak. Down at the makeshift arena, a six eyed monster coated in purple attire stood before the victor. He stood still for what felt like hours, brushing against his sheathe and in a split second, planting his blade on the other demon's neck. "So... you think you can walk into our ranks in that attire? One of your kind hasn't joined us since me. Tell me-" He dug the sword into the demon's neck. "-who are you?" 

The demon stood still, merely gazing into the eyes of Upper Moon 1. A blank, emotionless stare marked his face. "My name is Koukai. I have been travelling this world for seven months. My creator is stood atop the same platform you came from. He, as well as I, submit to the command of our great King Muzan. And now, I am here to serve directly under him as one of the Upper Moons. This victory I have attained is testament to what I am capable of, and I suggest you become adjusted to my position among your ranks." The two stay still for a few moments. The superior demon's lips part slightly. "So be it. Our Lord will arrive shortly."

A cold rush fills the arena. Everyone feels the piercing gaze of red eyes over them all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Ok so I've had my exams. Got straight A's and A pluses (yay). However, even after that, it appears that I will continue to be busy with school until the end of June. That being said, I want to continue writing but this narrative driven stories in which I have to create a plotline outside of romantic moments is just too much of a commitment to take on and if I continued this with the amount of effort I can possibly put in now, it would come out far worse than I would like. So I've come to the conclusion that I will put this story on hold for an indefinite amount of time. If I eventually do want to come back to this when I have time, then I will. However, at the moment that may seem unlikely.

However, for those who enjoy my writing and would like to see me continue writing, I plan on starting a new fic. One more light hearted and romance based. For those who are curious towards the paring I chose, I plan on writing Sanemi x Mitsuri. (A weird ship I know but its grown on me and there's nothing on it yet so it could be fun)

Sorry for those who enjoyed my story. I hope you enjoy my next.