Chapter 2 - Please Don't Go

Stood before him, his target bore a wide grin as he eyed up the Water Pillar. Upper Moon 2, Douma, Leader of the Paradise Cult stood before Giyuu. Armed with his gold tinted fans and stood atop frostbitten grass. His rainbow eyes were as cold and dead as his blood art. He stood straight to face the pillar. Bringing them to roughly the same level. He stood into his eyes and continued to speak. "Not a talker eh? Don't worry. I can fix that" Giyuu continued to stay in silence. Preparing his blade to duel with the Waxing Moon. He made a signal to his Kusegai Crow. The subtlest of signals that not anyone but the trained animals could pick up. At least, that's what he thought.

As the crow began to sneak away to rendezvous with his partner, it was met with a cold ice shard to its head. Sending it spiralling down to the ground. "I'll find the other one when I'm done with you. For now, I want to focus my attention on one person." He said, smile never wavering. Giyuu's eyes sharpened as he readied his blade. He wasn't going to waste anymore time. "Water Breathing, Third Form: Flowing Dance!" He charged at the Upper Moon circling his person to look for an opening. The demon wasn't graced with technique and he found what he thought was a usable method. He struck from his back, a supposed blind spot before he saw several ice pikes emerge from the ground at his feet. "Your attacks are certainly interesting. I've never fought a Water Breather before. But I'm not easy enough to beat in one attack!" He said gesturing his fan towards the midair pillar. Giyuu quickly gained control again and readied an escape. "Water Breathing, Second Form: Water Wheel!"

He quickly destroyed the surrounding ice before turning his attention back towards his target. "10th Form: Constant Flux" He charged at his enemy at a faster pace than his previous attack. A maneuver that surprised and impressed Douma. The blade was hard to track. Especially for someone of a lower demon status. But Douma wasn't that. Despite that, he let the Nichirin pierce his chest. He wished to test the waters of the strength he was dealing with. He was met with searing pain flowing through his chest. Something that greatly pleased the Moon. "Wow! You pack quite a punch there. Tell me Water Pillar, what is your name? A question that would be ignored by his opponent.

Douma grew impatient with his enemy's silence and grabbed his arm in response. Giyuu could feel his arm begin to freeze. His wrist pierced with hundreds of tiny ice shards. He writhed in pain as blood trailed down his forearm and stain his uniform. "It's rude not to answer a question you know? Didn't your family reach you manners?" He questioned in a belittling manner. The mention of his late family angered the Water Pillar and in a burst of strength, moving past the pain, he continued his assault on the sadistic demon. "Water Breathing, Sixth Form: Whirlpool!" He screamed as he twisted his blade further into the the Upper Moon. Douma growled in a mix of agony and euthoria as he felt his body contort from the inside from the swirling motions of his blade. His arms sliced into a multitude of pieces and his face slices to the side. Douma pushed himself off the blade and leaped back from Giyuu. Both still writhing in pain. He laughed maniacally.

"Wow! You've got a temper on you. Did I struck a nerve? I bet I did." He said with the widest grin ever. "Please! I'd love to see more. Blood Demon Art: Barren Hanging Garden!" He screamed, cackling as he did so. Giyuu saw each of the attacks head towards him. Feeling the cold chills of the attack. He couldn't dodge with the fresh pain still haunting him. But he could deflect it. "Water Breathing, 11th Form: Dead Calm" he said as he closed his eyes, controlled his breathing and deflected each of Douma's attacks. The Upper Moon's eyes widened in response. Impressed by his opponent's adaptivity in the face of danger.

This power, this grace, the skill at which he moved. He boasted incredible talent and potential. Something that Douma greatly appreciated from someone as fragile as a human. Perhaps he would make a good demon. There has been a history of pillars becoming dangerous freaks of nature when turned. But the event was so rare that it had hardly been documented among Muzan's ranks. His superior, the Upper One, was the only example of this. Still, he couldn't help but love the pain he felt from his form. He wanted to experience more of it. He couldn't let  an opportunity like this go to waste. Despite his high rank, he had hardly interacted with Pillars. Most of his blood supply had come from cult members that he had cultivated to eat. He hardly gained the taste of battle. Especially to this degree.