Part 14-A New Weapon

Shanks Perspective
Echos age now: 12

Echo is honestly pretty good at the weapon she had chosen. She had made up a move where she swung the blade over her head in a circle of a figure eight shape, and all she had to do is flick her wrist towards whatever she is trying to hit.

I showed her how to compress the blade down back to normal in a few seconds. She has learned how to use her devil power to amplify her attack as well. I asked if she could turn into a dragon, and I watched as scales appeared from her fingertips all the way down to her elbow.

She had claws and a talon. She had a stronger grip and more strength behind her attacks using her talons. She also had multiple different wings, each with different speed, control, and strength. Her bird wings are fast and agile, just not as strong. Her bat wings are just fast, and her dragon wings are all three.

Now we get to the kinds of eyes she can use. Feline eyes are good for the dark, and detecting motion. Her snake eyes can see heat, but aren't as good at detecting motion. Her dragon eyes can see things from a long way, but not as much as her hawk eyes.

And her ears,(forgive me, I had to explain all this so it would make more sense :D) Her Fox ears cant swivel, but can hear the tiniest sounds, but it doesn't help with loud sounds. Her deer ears can swivel and hear anything within a 70 yard distance. Those are the only ears I've seen her use.

Sometimes she uses her power for decoration. Most of the time she either has antlers or dragon horns.

She uses most of these and combines them to make a combination for whatever happens.

"Echo, try to block when you don't have enough time to compress the blade." I swung my sword at her, and she grabbed the handle, turned her left hand to a tallo, and grabbed the end of the blade whip. She then pulled it tight and it stopped my blade.

I nodded and put my sword away. She then compressed the sword and put it away in the put it away. It was getting late and she turned into an owl. She flew up onto my soldier and sat there, like a parrot would.

I smiled as I sat on the deck drinking beer. I looked at the owl and it had closed its eyes. That's cute. I finished my mug of beer and the rest of my crew had fallen asleep. I stood up and the owl had changed into her sleeping animal, a crow.

I had built her a tiny nest, one big enough for a crow, that hung from three ropes that attached to my ceiling. It was in a bowl shape with some fabric on the inside.

As I walked into my sleeping quarters, the crow flew up to the nest and made herself comfortable. I sighed as I took off my cape and I instinctively reached to take off my straw hat.

I remembered that I had given it to that kid, Luffy. I sat down on the bed and pulled the blankets over me. For a while I just laid there, thinking about Luffy. I turned onto my right side and my eyelids felt heavy.

They closed and I fell asleep.