Part 6-Devil Powers

Time skip: 3 years

Echo was now 4 years old. She had fluffy, black hair and was pretty short. She had a round face and gray eyes.

Shanks had decided to call her his daughter. Echo knew at this point that Shanks was her Pa, not her Ma, and she knew she wouldn't grow up with a Ma.

Most of the time Echo just kept to herself, not bothering the others. She would sit on the deck most of the time, leaning on the mast, sleeping

Echo was in the crows nest, daydreaming. She saw a massive ship in the distance. "Hey Pa! Ship! To the east!"

Shanks looked over and saw it. Shanks squinted his eyes and saw it was a marine ship. He yelled at Echo to get down. She followed his orders and slid down the mast.

She knew the procedure. Hide in the storage. She ran inside and sat there. She had ADD (attention disorder) and started to look around for things.

She then found a devil fruit. It was a dodecahedron and was a bright pink-red color with a gradient of blue to green spots on it.

Echo picked it up gingerly. She had heard of devil fruits before, but she had never seen it. She heard the fighting outside and hid, covering the devil fruit.

Once the fighting sounds had stopped, she peeked out the door. Everything seem to have simmered down a bit, so she walked out.

Shanks saw his daughter holding and devil fruit, and had a tiny panic attack.

"Echo... where did you find that?" Echo shrugged. "I found it in the storage."

The crew looked at each other. They hadn't picked up a devil fruit, let alone brought one on board. Shanks stared at the devil fruit, not knowing what kind of power it would give.

"Echo, do you want a devil power? It takes your ability to swim though." Echo took a bite without hesitation. Echo swallowed, and she saw Shanks regretted saying she could.

"Pa, I don't feel any difference. Maybe it was a fake-" In the middle of her sentence, jet black wings sprouted from her back, speckled with a red to yellow gradient.

Echo swiveled her head around, her eyes gleaming with awe. Shanks saw this wondered. "Echo, think of becoming a snake." Echo thought this and became a large, serpent.

Shanks watched, not showing he was scared but was terrified on the inside. "Now think of becoming a bird." The serpent nodded and became a raven.

It flew over to shanks and stood on his head. Shanks laughed. The raven flew down to the ground and became Echo again.

Echo stared in awe of what just happened and smiled. The rest of the crew just stared. Echo laughed at their expressions.

They arrived at another island, and this time it was a marine base. The crew had no choice. They needed supplies desperately.

As they walked through the town, Echo was being led by Shanks, who was holding her hand.

Shanks got some stares, but Echo got the most. It didn't bother Echo much. Once they got to a small shop, Echo was being stared and pointed at. She was hiding behind Shanks cape.

As they were heading out, one adult grabbed Echo's arm and tired to pull her away from the pirate. The adult thought that the 4 year old was being held hostage.

Echo yelped. Shanks turned around and saw the man who was trying to pull his daughter away. The man saw the look on Shanks face, and immediately let go. As the man walked in, Shanks crouched down and asked if Echo was ok?

She nodded and they continued their shopping through the town.