Part 2-Whispers

It had been a few weeks, and Echo was still not able to crawl, so Shanks had made a carrier with rope and a board so he could strap Echo to his back and still do work while watching her.

Some of the time one of the crewmen would be watching Echo but mostly it was Shanks.

It would be around 5 days until they reached an island, and the crew was itching for something exciting.

Day 1:

The crew still had some patience, but they had nothing to do. They still had to make a middle name for Echo, but Shanks said it would be the D initial. "I want to be reminded of Roger when I'm around her." He smiled as his crew protested.

Day 2:

Now they were trying to see if Echo would crawl. They realized she could when she had disappeared from her crate. Shanks panicked and looked around everywhere, and found her in the storage again. He laughed and carried her back to his room.

Day 3-5

The crews patience had worn thin until Yassop was up in the crows nest. "ISLAND AHEAD!" The crew cheered and Echo clapped her hands.

Once they had anchored by the shore, Shanks put Echo in his carrier he had made on his back. As he walked through town, he heard whispers. "Why does Shanks have a baby strapped to his back?" and, "How did Shanks, get a child? He not married."

He smirked at some of the comments about his new daughter. He went to the local shop and looked around for supplies, for the baby and his crew.

People stared as he walked in, which made Shanks wonder.

Have they never seen a child on a mans back before? Or is it just because I'm a famous pirate? Shanks just shrugged it off and continued to get supplies. Once he had paid, he walked out.

He heard the same ol' whispers again, and decided to say something. "What? You've never seen a man with a baby before? I mean honestly, you people can stop whispering. I can hear you pretty well."

This made the townspeople quiet as he walked back to his ship. He had also grabbed some beer for his buddys  as a gift sort of. As he walked back to the dock, he heard fighting up ahead.

Shanks eyes widened as he ran towards his ship. He saw another ship at the dock.

Crap. Some other pirates. I mean, you know what just forget it, just save the beer and make sure Echo doesn't get hurt.

Shanks ran on board and saw the scene. He at down his beer and he didn't have enough time to unstrap Echo, so he had no choice but to fight with her on his back.

He drew his sword and a pirate tried striking him behind. He swiveled around and blocked the attack. Him having a baby on his back seemed to distract the pirates and Shank's crew took the other pirates down.

Afterwards he realized that he had forgotten the supply wagon in town. He told his crew to come with him to grab the wagon. Thankfully, it was still there, and they successfully towed it back to the ship.

There was a local bar in town so Shanks decided it would be nice to go have a drink. He took Echo with him. He would be too paranoid if he just left her alone  on the ship. He put on his straw hat and headed into town.

He and his crew walked into the bustling, loud bar and took a seat. He ordered some sake and they had the time of their life. It was fun. Shanks heard the doors open to the bar and turned around.

Echo had fallen asleep in his back. Another pirate had walked in.
Shanks raised an eyebrow.

Who the hell is this?