CH: 6 I can't say it

Start from the beginning

"Faith was definitely all about her and her goals, but deep inside, I do think she was a little lonely sometimes. I mean, I'm sure everyone would like to have someone who shares the same interest or gives them company. I was hoping Faith would meet someone like that; I was her only friend, and we were more like sisters than friends." Pam said, getting up off her seat.

"Let me show you around the store," Pam said; I nodded my head taking advantage of the tour and snapping pictures as Pam showed me around, even taking an interest in some of the antique items that were there.

I mainly named all of them, and I guess it took Pam off guard that I knew some of the histories of certain famous antiques.

"You know, I think you and Faith would get along," Pam said in a sad tone.

I don't think Pam would ever talk about Faith in the past tense. I don't think she'll ever accept Faith being dead.

"Yeah, I thought so too. She has some good taste in items." I said.

"I do hope you take care of the house, it's a beautiful home, and it deserves to be taken care of," Pam said to me as she gave me her attention.

"I will; thank you so much for giving me a tour of the place. Especially with you being busy and all." I told her.

She smiled.

"Honestly, I should thank you. I just needed a little breather with the work that's going on in the store, so anytime you want to, stop by and look at some things in the store. You're always welcome." Pam said, leading me to the door.

"Thank you; I'll see you next time. Have a great day." I said to her, waving to her as I walked towards my car door.

When I got in my car, I let out a sigh.

Yeah, I'm not going to lie.

I was on guard with Pam at first, but I think I'm okay now.

I started my car and drove back to the house.

When I pulled into the driveway, I stared at the house from inside my car.

The house pictures I was admiring from the listing were now my reality, but with a ghost inside.

I got out of my car, walked towards the front door, and unlocked it.

I walked inside, closing the door behind me and taking a breath in.

"I'm home," I said, turning back around; this time, I was surprised I didn't even jump back.

As Faith was standing right in front of me.

"Welcome home." She said, smiling at me.

I smiled at her back, warmth making its way to my chest.

I guess it isn't that bad having a ghost greet you.

On the second try, that is, I wasn't a fan of the first try.

"I spoke to Pam and saw the store," I said, watching her eyes widening with eagerness.

"I also, of course, took pictures," I said to her; I headed towards the kitchen and opened the fridge, grabbing a water bottle.

"I'll show you the pictures I took," I said, facing Faith; I took out my phone and showed her the pictures.

Each picture Faith saw, her smile got wider.

This was something that for sure made her happy.

"Wow, everything looks amazing and is going well." She said in a soft tone.