007

Chapter Six | Pinky Promise

Seunghee breathed heavily looking at her hands that were blistered and scarred, heavily panting, exhausted after what just happened. She heard someone kept muttering players to themselves over and over again, starting to get annoyed because she just wanted some peace and quiet.

"Hey dude, are you really praying right now?" She heard 240 spoke and looked back at her. "Who are you praying to? God?" She asked him, but he ignored her and kept praying.

She sighed and bent down to his level. "The one you should be thankful for is that old man right there," She pointed towards 001. "And also that girl who came the trick in the last minute." She referred to Seunghee.

244 stopped muttering prayers and looked up to glare at her. "You sad lost soul. How could you say that to someone who nailed himself for our salvation today? He sacrificed himself for us. We are here because of his blood. God made a decision for us to live today!"

"Bullshit," 240 cursed. "You killed those guys today." 244 didn't anything back and looked down at the ground to pray again with eyes closed.

"Oh! Is it really that easy to get to heaven? Just pray and he'll forget our problems? I should really start praying then," She clasped her hand closed her eyes.

Seunghee's head was starting to hurt and ache at their bickering and voices, and clutched her forehead and closed her eyes, to try and make the pain go away.

"Our God who art in heaven, we worked as a team to send people to you and we sent a bunch to you today, and please help us with a lot more and I hope-"

"Be quiet!" Saebyeok shushed down. 240 opened her eyes and turned her head at her.

"Are you talking about me or him?"

"Everyone." She answered, clearly annoyed as well. The elevator clanked and the doors opened. They were met by a guard at the front and walked back, passing another group.

"Hey, what are your names?" 240 asked from behind Seunghee, Saebyeok, and Seunghoon.

"Why do you need to know?" Saebyeok questioned back and kept walking.

"To call you by your names, obviously. I'm Jiyeong, by the way." She shrugged off. Saebyeok scoffed and shook her head.

"Don't call us then."

"Wow. So secretive." She commented, slightly offended by her response. Saebyeok turned her back on her. "Do me a favour, just leave us alone." She turned back.

Seunghee felt empathy for the smaller girl and gave her a soft smile.

"I'm Seunghee."

"And I'm Seunghoon." He greeted himself too.

-

"You know what! I really thought we were going to die out there." 212 started, standing in front of her team, while they were peacefully eating their corn. "And then, as soon as we all went down, I felt so powerful! I was like 'oh it works, is this?' Hey you old man, how did you come up with that?"

The old man chuckled. "Well, when I was little a little kid-"

"Oh, you copied that one thing." She cut him off, making the old man frowned a bit. "From that one movie. What was it called? The one where the guy dodged the bullets like this."