006

Chapter Six | Tug Of War

Seunghee groggily opened her eyes when the speakers started blasting classical music in the room. She yawned, still half asleep and got her head up from Saebyeok's lap.

"Old man," Seunghee heard Gihun voice and turned her head at the two. "Did you stay up all night?" Seunghee and the other players around them as well worriedly looked at the old man.

"Well, I thought the other players might attack or something." Seunghee couldn't help but soften her face and felt her heart clench, feeling pity for the old man.

"You should really get some rest. You must be exhausted now." Gihun softly told him. The old man shook his head. "It's all right you don't really need that much sleep when you're old anyway. I didn't help when everyone was getting chased. But keeping night watch, I can do that.

"Attention all players, the third game will begin momentarily. Please follow the staff's instructions." The woman in the PA spoke in a monotone voice again. Seunghee saw the masked people and stood up, as the others as well.

-

"Players, welcome to the third game. For this game, you will be a group in teams. All players, please divide yourselves into a team of ten people. You have ten minutes. Ten minutes."

The woman in the woman explained as Seunghee kept walking up the stairs with her hands on her Jacket, looking around the area with other players. It was a new room that they have never seen before. The room was empty just like the other rooms they have entered in the past games.

All the players ended up in another room and kept waiting for people to let them join their team. Seunghee and Saebyeok leaned against the wall, as Gihun and Sangwoo talked.

"It's ten players, so maybe it's tail tag or why did you come to my house? Tail tag means running is involved or it may just be based on luck...What do you think?" Gihun stopped ranting and asked Sangwoo. He sighed and inhaled deeply.

"We already have two girls and one old man. We have only two available spots left, so only get men." As soon as Seunghee heard Sangwoo said that, rage and irritation started to filling up her body.

"What if they made us play Gonggi or elastics, then what do we do? Girls are usually the ones that are good at that—"

"That's true. But when it comes to it then men are better." Sangwoo cut Gihun off. Seunghee scoffed at his words, turning the attention all on her.

"Don't look down on us just because we're women. Us girls can do anything a man can do, just better." Seunghee said, receiving a glare from Sangwoo. Saebyeok tried to fight off the proud smile she was trying to hide but failed miserably as she looked back to Seunghee with a proud smile and face.

"This is our lives we're betting on. And we gotta win. It's either recruit a man or die." Sangwoo sternly stated, before clearing his throat to announce something.

"We already have seven players, meaning we need only three more to go. Let's split up into three groups; Seunghee and I, Gihun, Seunghoon and the old man, then Ali and Saebyeok together." Sangwoo proposed, clearly wanting Seunghee into his side just so there won't be a chance for her to recruit a girl.

"Sorry, but wherever I go, she goes as well." Seunghoon apologised, pointing to his twin.

"I...wanna stay with Seunghee, as well." Saebyeok admitted after Seunghoon spoke up. Sangwoo sighed and massage his temples.